Best Wishes For The Holidays

cewtwo

Christmascardwinchtreestrap-4.jpg

Looks like fun, I can't wait to get up into the snow this winter. How are the MTR's in the snow?

Saurian Sez:

The MT/Rs are horrible on the road when it's snowy, heading down M-15 to the Mounds, I was slipping and sliding all over the place, it was really icy and windy... Off-road, in the snow, they did killer... I didn't get stuck all day, and I wheeled her hard and fun :)

CO winters are great. I will be out there in March to shred some snow.

I love the MTRs for the back country. I haven't had the chance to use them on a snowy highway yet. I really feel that MTRs are made to work with lockers. There are Detroits front and back. People have asked, "Aren't the MTRs bad on wet rock?" Not for us, though. You can also see that the tread clears quickly and easily.

Back country? They act like tank treads. If the Mighty YJ can move, it will. The picture was from the weekend before Thanksgiving. We were riding Mine Road (trail 175) West from Nevadaville toward Alice. Only quads had gone before us that day, but we went farther. It is our standard winter run. Cell signal all the way. Popular trail system.

When the quad tracks stopped, we went on. It wasn't long until we found snow drifts across the trail. We mired in (actually high centered). Out came the winch and the "Tread Lightly" kit and soon we were free. We made it to the top of the hill and turned around.

The picture was taken after most of the trail's hazard areas had been cleared. It was a junction of many side trails. There are three trails that join right at the spot. Snow had drifted into it. We knew we'd get stuck but went for it anyway. Long story short? We got stuck. A quick hook up and winch and the photo opportunity presented itself.

Brought it back and the holiday e-mail card was soon ready. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Mingez, Welcome back to Denver. Always room for one more good neighbor. Let me know when you want to ride!

Back