Homemade bumpers...

Wrangl3r93

My grandpa owns a machine shop that most of my relatives and my dad work at and they had a bunch of scrap metal laying around so me and my dad took a few hours and threw together some free bumpers. I've never seen any like these on any other jeeps and that makes me feel unique now. Just wanted to see what ya'll thought. I can always just bolt the other ones back on, but hey you can't beat the price... 12 dollars worth of paint from auto zone and the gas to get to the shop...:shock:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a334/urdogsflea/new%20bumpers/

I think they're fantastic and you and your dad are to be applauded!!! :beer:

I love creativity and 'specially takin' other people's "junk" and makin' it into something beautiful..........i.e. - Jeep Bumpers!!!!!

I've got one like that, too, so I know the feeling!!! Keep up the good work!

Salvagemud

Looking good. I built my rear bumper and tire carrier last winter.
Good looking angles and pull points ...we designed.

Oh and I LOVE YOUR WORKSHOP!!!:welder:

Grinding with no eye protection? Are you crazy? I got metal slivers in my eye from not wearing glasses, it was the worst pain ever. My eye healed over it, it rusted, then my eye was trying to push it back out causing the wound to open back up again. I didn't even know it was in there til I couln't stand the pain any longer.

Oh and nice work! I miss making stuff for my jeep, it's been a while.

Joop

90Xjay said:
Oh and I LOVE YOUR WORKSHOP!!!:welder:

Yeah i think the shop has every tool known to man. Can cut and weld like nobody's business. And it even has a 10 ton crane in the ceiling so when you're lazy like i am you can just have it carry your bumper to your jeep for you. The metal we used is way thicker than any i've seen on any of the bumpers my friends have bought for their jeeps and even if we hadn't had enough just laying about, at under $2 a foot it would have cost us less than 20 bucks to build the bumpers. Just can't beat the price. Some of my friends are offering me almost $200 for a set all around. Figure's up to about 180 dollars profit. I could buy some more parts for my jeep with that money. *strokes chin lost deep in thought*

Love it.. I also work in a machine shop and built my front bumper...rocker panles, and sliders.
I love to see others making there jeep parts too.
Here is a closer look at my attempts of making a front bumper.

Looks good!!! Wish i had the resources to make my own bumper.

On a side note, hate to say it but your pass headlight is croocked. Sorry, i had to.

Yeah i noticed that too when i was looking at the pic... had to replace it a while back and it was like 18 degrees and my fingers wouldn't work right... if you'll also notice my offroad lights don't stand up straight either... cheap pieces of crap

Now you need to get out there and drive into someone.

The bumper looks great and I would definitely make some money on building them for people who are interested.

Excellent job, dude!!! If shipping wouldn't kill me, I'd pay ya $200 for a set!!

Joopin said:
Grinding with no eye protection? Are you crazy? I got metal slivers in my eye from not wearing glasses, it was the worst pain ever. My eye healed over it, it rusted, then my eye was trying to push it back out causing the wound to open back up again. I didn't even know it was in there til I couln't stand the pain any longer.

Oh and nice work! I miss making stuff for my jeep, it's been a while.

Joop

i have a horrible problem with this. for some reason my eyes are prone to every kind of object that will fit in them. ive had tile mortar get blown in my eyes and set up in one, have had flashburn in another, countless scratches from flying debris and i still find myself going, "o im just gonna hit this real quick, i dont need glasses"

dbr5010 said:
Great bumpers do you have any lift on that jeep?

Unfortunately no... i'd love to put a few inches under it and squeeze on some 33's but i don't wanta lose any more power than i already have with my 4banger(i don't have the income to change the gears and all that)... i've noticed it drives a tad bit different already with these new bumpers... a little slower on the take offs but not too noticeable(heavier bumpers)... i'm very pleased with these bumpers and they've managed to turn a few heads... i can't wait to get back to school to show them off

Back