Happy New Year

Happy New Year from here! I'll be driving sober for sure! NO ALCOHOL WHATSOVER HERE!

You just put my day into reality. I am frustrated and exhausted. My wife has a stomache virus, and I was up all night helping her walk back and forth to the bathroom. She almost passed out twice. TO make matters worse I had to feed the baby via formula, which he is not used to, so he was up all night too.

So plans for New Year's and my birthday are cancelled, I am functioning on less than 2 hours sleep, and am playing Mr. Mom to 5 kids on my birthday.

Normally this is no big deal, but I just worked a 12 hour day and didn't get sleep. I'm wiped.

That said, I am now merely grateful to be here for them all. Thanks again for your service to our nation, Jumppr. It is a great sacrifice in so many ways, but the holidays must be rougher than most.

Here's to a safe return home and Happy New Year. Thanks for putting my world into perspective.

Harry

You're welcome TC. Sorry to hear of your bad day. I hate to say it, but it was worse then mine. For now we're all playin cards and then we're goin to eat some dessert. We all thru some cash together and one of our contractors went into town and got us some steaks to Q up! It's not that bad all things considered.

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Attachments

• New Years Eve.jpg
    New Years Eve.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

lol at that pic... glad you all are making the most of it!

Allrighty, here's a new years story for ya... And the really sick part is that it's all true...

A long time ago, aroundabout those wonderous days of yore (thanks muds :)), the new year was upon us... We're talking back a while ago, Operation Desert Storm was all over the TV sets, PASS Sports Network required a seperate A>B converter switch and cable box, the phone company was still called Michigan Bell, cable was Continental Cablevision, and our electricity came from a Detroit Edison that was NOT part of the DTE Energy Holding Company Family. Back in the day, let me tell ya... Nobody even had cell phones! Anyway, we're old enough now to be able to stay up till Midnight, and watch the ball fall on Times Square...

The what? I had no concept of this idea, hell, I've never even been to New York in my life, let alone Times Square... It was explained to me that this ball was dropped from a tall building in Times Square to ring in the new year... I'm freaking stoked!!!

So the hour grows close, and all the preperations are made... Alarm clocks all set to go off at midnight to make as much noise as possible (because that's what you do.) A bayberry candle is burning in the sink (so it can burn into the new year, but not burn the house down). Our traditional New Years toast is prepared (being that I was still in elementary school, 7 up and maraschino cherries in a Tom and Jerry jelly glass)... On a side note, do any of you remember those? Welch's did them, it was a jelly jar, but when the jelly was all gone, it mysteriously became a collecters glass... They had dinosaurs and cartoon characters and all kinds of stuff on them, we still have a few... Anyway, all is in readiness... The hour comes! The ball lights up! It begins it's... slow? Slow, slow, SLOW descent to the earth...

What a freaking rip!!! You'd really have to meet me, or my parents to know why I might think such an absoutely twisted idea, but in my mind, I'm envisioning this huge steel ball plummeting to earth with all speed, crushing cars and smashing the hell out of the pavement as it crashed to the ground...Even in my mind, this was simply beyond belief! But I figured that it was only once a year that it happens, and it's New York, they can afford to do something to insanely extravagant...

Yeah... That was a hell of a letdown... And hell, nowadays, you've got all the latest wannabe washed up pop legends rocking it out on new years and whatnot... Blech!

At any rate, a happy new year to everyone... My plans are most like to include glass cleaner, a vacuum, and a mop 'round the house, so I'll be off and on the computer all evening... New year's chat, anyone?

Last edited:
May the New Year bring you the wealth of friendship, the prosperity of good health, and the fortune of freedom. God Bless and Be Safe!!

Back