1990 jeep cherokee 4.0

maigesheng

I just bought this for $2300. My coolent overflow is not sealed and I think i need a new cap. (No radiater cap)
Also, the driver's side power window stopped working an hour after I bought it.
Any suggestions?

my first jeep was a '90 XJ 4.0 as well... how many miles are on her? i had the same problem with my coolant overflow bottle, that whole system SUCKS! if you're mechanically inclined, i'd suggest popping in a different radiator (with a cap on it) and using a normal (open) system.

i found, with mine, that buying a new cap still didn't seal it properly, had to buy a new bottle too. just food for thought. threads didn't line up right or something. like i said, your cooling system sucks. (but it'll work)

Bounty__Hunter said:
You'll likely have to get an entire new overflow bottle.
Yes the coolant bottles neck warps over the years from being heated and cooled everyday. Best to go out and replace the bottle for now and when the funds are available switch it over to a open system like Dingus suggested.

As with the power window start at the fuse block and go from there. With a handy DC volt meter check it there first. second just under the dash near where the doors electric goes in through the quarter panel there is a disconnect plug pull it and check for power.
If you have power then you will need to remove the door panel and check the drive motor than the switch. I suggest you look for a broken wire first before pulling the door panel since that is way easier.

Back