I forgot how nice it is to be a Jeeper

Roundlytes

I admit.
I strayed for the past 6 months and rolled around Portland in a Land Rover..... and as nice as it is to drive, its no Jeep.

Sure its nice to have AWD, heated leather, two freeking moonroofs,4 wheel ABS and a ton of other garbage that makes life a bit more comfortable.

But how not fun it really is.

Over-engineered, I could not wrench a single thing on it.
Parts.... sure, you can get them on the internet, but no trips to the junkyard, where you can PRACTICE taking off and putting on parts without screwing up your own rig!!

Other Jeep people NEVER waived to me in the Rover, and that hurt deep inside...... I felt like painting a sign on my windshield "HEY,REALLY I AM A JEEPER IN MY HEART"

Parking, are you kidding me?? I go from a TJ to a Discovery and actually thought I could just whip right into any old spot I pleased from any angle..... yeah, my butt I could. Back up, pull forward back up pull forward........

Anyway, its nice to be back to the XJ family, even if my shift lever rattles!!

Well....you know.....it never, ever leaves you - that "Jeep" thing!! I'm just wondering why you didn't get a CJ or a Wrangler?!?!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mud4feet said:
Well....you know.....it never, ever leaves you - that "Jeep" thing!! I'm just wondering why you didn't get a CJ or a Wrangler?!?!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sold my 91 XJ to buy my TJ, drove the TJ all of 05 and started to realize that I don't wheel that often, but I do a buttload of backpacking, with two dogs none the less. So I needed something I could sleep in the back of while on the road to different parts of the state/NW. So I sold the TJ to get into the Rover........ and it was just too much vehicle.... and gas...... and too yuppy!

In short my ideal situation is my 00' XJ & a 70's CJ....... ideal!

I have done ok with the vehicles after my divorce a year and a half ago though, which left me broke and carless......

91 XJ (101Kmi) = paid $1200 - Sold $3200
97 TJ (68kmi) = paid $4,000 - Sold $6800
97 Rover (110kmi) = paid $6100 - Sold $7900
00 XJ Classic (98kmi)= Bought with $6200 cash!

A little research, a bit of elbow grease I have worked my way to my ideal vehicle, a new-er XJ!!

(I am sure most of you don't really care about all that, I just wanted to see what it looked like in writing, makes me feel I have accomplished something!)

Word of advise: Never marry the daughter of a divorce attorney, it can not end good.

mud4feet said:

By the way, how is misses mud kind sir?
Hope all is well on yer' side of the Mississippi!
Nice to see you again.

TwistedCopper said:
Good to have ya back, and good choice on your Jeep (Mine's a '00 XJ too)!

Thanks TC!

I will be sure to just hit you up directly when I break things on the rig!!
How is yours set up? Suspension, wheel combo etc....

Back