2007 Jeep Wrangler

I'm disappointed they removed the option for a 4 cyl. I guess they must not have been selling. I hope they get decent fuel economy ratings for this V6.

Wow. Jeep.com just sent me an email today announcing the roll-out of the new Wrangler at the North American International Auto Show.....gee, they're on the ball, aren't they?

I had to chuckle at this part:

The all new Jeep® Compass and Wrangler have just been revealed at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, and we wanted you to be among the first to know. Catch the first glimpse of these new Jeep vehicles,

When was it, back around the 7th or something when they were actually posted all over the internet? Lisa and crew from J Rations had them beat by, oh, about 10 days!!

I like the area in the trunk to hide stuff like the Honda Ridgeline.

Electric widows? I bet the doors are heavier and probably harder to take off.

Those seats look like they MIGHT be water proof/resistant also. I don't understand why Jeep hasn't used the cloth seat material that nursing homes, retirement communities etc use in their vans. It's cloth, pee proof (rain proof!) and come in a multitude of patterns. I'd love to find some covers made of that material.

south442 said:
I like the area in the trunk to hide stuff like the Honda Ridgeline.

You can hide a Honda Ridgeline in the trunk of a Wrangler?!?:shock:

Some interesting data from the spec sheet:
2" longer, 3.5" wider
3 pc Top with Sunrider
Electronic Roll Mitigation (What, does the Energizer bunny jump out and tell say "You're FUBAR'd!"
Single Hinge Center pivot windshield (better be a monster hinge)
32's standard on Rubicon
Power Windows and Locks (ok...that's necessary)
Navigation System
Electronic Sway bar Disconnect (like the Power Wagon)

There appears to be a lot of fluff in there hiding some good functional mods. When are they going to release the Unlimited in that configuration?

Doesn't really tell 'how' but does tell more.

with the simple push of the dash-mounted switch, drivers can disconnect it. This electronically controlled device allows disengagement of the bar in both 4-High and 4-Low at speeds below 18 mph. Computers will re-engage the bar if vehicle speeds surpass 18 mph. In the event of loss of electronic control, the bar will return to its default setting and engage.

It's powered by ball bearings with a tunsgsten alloy centrifugal plenum operating on the arc tangent with +/- 30 degrees of misalignment. Definitely 12 volt and much more sophisticated than the bungee predecessor.

redrooster said:
It's powered by ball bearings with a tunsgsten alloy centrifugal plenum operating on the arc tangent with +/- 30 degrees of misalignment. Definitely 12 volt and much more sophisticated than the bungee predecessor.

I heard it will still have the bungee manual disconect :purple:

redrooster said:
lol

I wonder how much of a nightmare it will be to extend them for a 4" suspension lift :-|

TwistedCopper said:
lol

I wonder how much of a nightmare it will be to extend them for a 4" suspension lift :-|

I was thinking of that too TC...but couldn't you use longer arms only? You use them with a stock TJ front sway.

the electronic sway bar is most likely the same deal as on the power wagon, it disconnects in the center somewhere, probably similar too the yj vacuum disconnect model.

did anyone else notice the HP44, the CV joints in the driveshafts, and i think i also read that the 44s are even worse than before in that they are almost entirely different from a normal 44. they did some things right but im starting to believe that they almost always have to make things more complicated/crappier than they should be by order of daimler. no self respecting jeeper would put a cv ball joint in the driveshaft, much less anywhere on a jeep. and why make things complicated? o yea and its going to a 5x5 lug pattern

I'm starting to shy away from my initial impression of this thing.

Sometimes things have to grow on you, but I'm growing to dislike it.

I really want to buy another SWB Jeep. I've been looking for a while now for the right deal. Every once in a blue moon I get a little tempted to just go buy a Rubicon, but what keeps me from doing so is 2 things:

1. Damn I could build a sweet Jeep for $29,000.
2. If I could ever justify spending that much money on a Jeep, how would I ever justify taking it out and beating it on a trail?

I have been waiting to see what the '07 will look like and what it will come with. Initially I was tempted to wait for them, but not now. I'm going back to what I know... a YJ. I guess it's time for the hunt to get serious now :twisted:

Back