2006 Barrett-Jackson Auction Underway

LBR

For all interested, the Scottsdale auction started today and is now underway on the Speed channel. Even for folks not interested in vehicles, this is an eye-opening, money-driven, jaw dropping source of entertainment that rocks!
At 5:45 PST today, a 1960 Jeep Surrey sold for $47,500! Can you say i-n-f-l-a-t-i-o-n? LBR

Yeah, I always catch Barrett Jackson.

I love everypart, except when the lymie broadcaster on Speed drooles over the british cars like he's gonna just lose it.....ugh!

Its a awesome thing to see those guys dropping bucks like that.
An B-J keeps, what like 6% of the total sale?

I think B-J gets something like 16%...8% is seller's fee and 8% is buyer's fee. Also if the car is sold and stays in Az, there is another AZ state tax of around 8-9% or so (help from the Az. croud here). If the car is sold to another state with no sales tax, then the buyer doesn't pay that tax. We're all in the wrong business, eh? LBR

Rumor has it that the $47,500 Jeep Surrey was purchased by a lady named Cindy McCain.....wife of John McCain........Az. Senator John McCain.....not 100% sure of this, but tis what we were told. LBR

LBR said:
Rumor has it that the $47,500 Jeep Surrey was purchased by a lady named Cindy McCain.....wife of John McCain........Az. Senator John McCain.....not 100% sure of this, but tis what we were told. LBR

No no, Cindy McCain is the alias that Mingez uses. It's got to be him. :purple:

south442 said:
No no, Cindy McCain is the alias that Mingez uses. It's got to be him. :purple:

Na.....they showed the lady that bought it and she had longer, blond hair and...........well...........wait just one minute, if Mingez had a wig on..............Na.......she was fairly well endow........well...........wait just two minutes - Mingez, we need a recent picture of you!!!!:lol: LBR

Back