I'm not happy.

TwistedCU

Pulled up to the auto shop that has the YJ I was looking at buying out front. There it was, looking nice. Went up to the door and there the jackass stood to greet me with a:

"I'm sorry, I should have called you. I have a deposit on it."

He started to say something else but I walked away.

He told me he would wait until Friday. Oh well, I guess I can't blame him, as a bird in the hand yadayadayada, but if I promised someone I'd hold a vehicle for them on word alone, I'd at least call to let him know I had an offer and needed some action. I would have gone up there earlier if I knew.

Oh well, ya snooze ya lose.

Dang, sorry to hear that.

That was pretty uncool of that guy.

You're right TC- that stinks. But, on the bright side, what goes around comes around- one day there's going to be something he wants and it's going to slip right through his fingers through no fault of his own. I hope an even better and cheaper one comes along before spring!

Awwww...come on, TC...don't feel bad. It just wasn't meant to be. But I've got good news. I've found a couple other vehicles for you, if you're interested. They may not be quite what you were wanting, but one will still function as a great grocery-getter, while both of them will look great with you in them while mall-crawling:

1st, a Mini:

image0011-3.jpg

2nd, a Vanborgini:

image0022-3.jpg

Now, I was gonna buy the Mini for myself so I'd have something to look at while I drive, but I'm willing to give you first choice.

:rofl: :grin: :razz: :mad: :funny:

Well the guy has an auto service business and he said he needed another lift and the Jeep is where the money was coming from. I guess he had a sense of urgency but talking to him I thought he was sincere in saying he'd wait.

I guess Fireman Harry beat me to it :lol:

The worst part is he rebuilt the transmission, when he said that he said the syncros were shot. I asked him what transmission oil he was using and he said GL5. I told him about the error in the manuals and told him he needed to change the oil again to MT90 but I doubt he did. He probably just sold it with GL5 in it, leaving that Jeep's transmission with a death sentance.

Back