What yer gonna do with yer Tax Reurns?

prariepunk

My darling, beautiful, lovely, UNDERSTANDING wife gave me the go-ahead to "invest" in some new (needed) parts to get the Jeep on the road again... ?*leagally*? But there IS a twist.... , she asked if it was gonna be a never ending battle with the minor details a.k.a. "MONEY-PIT". If that was the case I should get it road-worthy and sell it (at this point I AM in tears), but not to worry... with the sale of my jeep and part of the tax return I could buy a newer Jeep (no offense but, could I drive a Wrangler with square headlights?).... when I asked about a Wrangler she STRONGLY suggested a 4 door Cherokee :S and I asked about a Wagoneer.... and she suggested a Cherokee, but only if Ol' Red is just too old for it's own good (Jeeps are always good.... right?)

So, anyway.... what y'all gonna do wich'yer tax returns?

Bank savings for now, then some will go towards my mortage. I getting on a 6 year plan to pay off my house... woopee!!

I did get a little capitol though to get me a bottle of steel-mix welding gas and an upgrade to my welder, I also ordered my SeatSaver seat covers for my 05 Silverado.8) 8) 8)

Got mine back almost a week ago. Gotta love Tax Cut software, e-filing, and direct deposit 8)

I bought a small 14x12 garage to hold me over until I can tear down an existing dilapidated barn and build a 3 car garage in it's place - next years project. I had to do it, no spare time to build one and I had nowhere to put my tools and stuff not to mention it's really cold changing the oil outdoors in February. It is pretty nice though. It's well built (by some Amish dude) and has vinyl siding, 2 windows, a side door, and it fit right on an existing concrete pad we already had.

I also bought some new tires for the XJ: Cooper ST's - 32x10.50x16.

The rest is in the bank. Yeah we got a nice refund. Gotta love W's child tax credits hehehe.

i need a tow hitch for my truck, and then i have to pay off my truck. think im good on jeep parts now:D

TwistedCopper said:
The rest is in the bank. Yeah we got a nice refund. Gotta love W's child tax credits hehehe.

yeah TC, it works out good for people like you trying to start you own race:p :p :p :p :p :p

Goin to Jamaica with the wife in June. Although our return isn't nearly enough to cover the cost it will certainly help. I'm curious to see what we'll get next year though. Since I've been deployed my wages haven't been taxed.

Tax Return: A tax return is when you have paid the United States Government too much money according to your IRS status and then they keep it all year long and use it as a intrest-free loan and then, it you do everything just right and pay all the right people, you get it back, without interest.

Now that you made me say it, I feel bad knowing that I used to try and break even every year and not overpay. :(

happy024 said:
I'm confused too. What is a "tax return"

I just assumed he meant "refund".

Are you folks being legalistic here? If you are I guess my reply should have been:
"I've aleady filed it."

If you all are being sarcastic because you are paying instead of getting a refund, then all I can say is I've been there, and will be there again one day when my little tax deductions grow up.

I am with you TC Child tax credits are great. I paid off my wife's car, and my student loan. The rest is going to my 2150 conversion and regular bills.

avyoung said:
I am with you TC Child tax credits are great. I paid off my wife's car, and my student loan. The rest is going to my 2150 conversion and regular bills.
Viva Le Bush

Puttin it towards the wedding....getting married next month.

Refund?!?!?! I think I'm paying to rebuild the "Chocolate City"! They should at least give me a coupon for some free beads and couple of drinks.

Back