Finally

redrooster

My wife called today and said the Dr. is going to induce labor tomorrow night. Looks like we are going to have a baby sometime on Wednesday.
I'm in unchartered waters here and not entirely certain what I should be doing. I guess cigar shopping would be in order.

Mmm..Cigars sound good. Congrats on the whole thing. girl or boy?

Woohoo! Yeah, I have bought many cigars. Glad to see that I am not the only one upholding that tradition.

What to do? Be patient, hold your stomache, and be nice, even if she scratches , hits, or bites you (yeah it happens) :lol: . That's awesome, your first... it is truly an amazing miraculous moment!

Oh yeah, my wife scratched, clawed and cussed. She was like Jekyl and Hyde, one minute she was telling me she hates me and then she would apologize. Until the next labor pain kicked in. Whew. Twice was enough. LOL

Excellent news!! I don't have any children of my own, and I missed my only grandson's birth, but I delivered 6 babies while I was a paramedic, and there's nothing quite like it.....talk about an adrenalin rush! And ya know what? The women never kicked, hit, bit, scratched, or called me names.....it was always the husband/boyfriend that got it!!

It's going to be a boy.
I will be ordering a back seat for the Jeep and also a Simpson Racing car seat..yeah, they make those.
It really hit home yesterday when my wife said "this is our last night at home alone."

So, when do you pick up the minivan?

Just kidding, I know better than that.

Congratulations. You're not gonna have any time to wheel the new jeep so I think you should just give it to me till you have time...I'll put it to good use and I'll even restock the cooler full of ice cold beers for when you want it back.

Mucho congrats, Red!!!! I cannot put into words what you're about to experience. Your life hhas just changed BIG TIME.......but for the better, trust me. The muds are very, very happy for you. ............Dang, I'm going to be a grandpa (again) come August!!!!

Life is GREAT!!!!!!!

TwistedCopper said:
So, when do you pick up the minivan?

Just kidding, I know better than that.

Don't you drive a mini-bus for your little country you've started?:p :lol:

Andrew David Suggs was born on Wednesday March 15th at 12:40 p.m. Weighed 7lbs 11oz and has Red hair just like his old man. He is perfectly healthy.
Mom had some complications and blood loss, but is doing fine now. I'll post some pics later. Gotta get back to the hospital.
No Minivans. The Avalanche and Ford have plenty of room for the 3 of us.
Thanks for all the kind words.

image-missing.png

Give Mrs. Redrooster we said congrats too. I'm glad she's doing better now...I don't know how you parents do it. I'd be a wreck.

----
TC doesn't need the mini bus, he's got the ultimate Mini-van...THE XJ!!!

Great news!!! Congrats to you guys!

Sparky, My wife has a Caravan. It seats seven, and we are a family of seven. We are currently looking at getting either a 9 pass Suburban or a full size van (10-12 passenger). When we bought that minivan in 2000 we thought it was plenty big enough, having no idea we'd fill it up :shock:

Congrats, Red!! Oooo, born on the Ides of March and has red hair, to boot!! Must be a good sign!!!

Back