Where to buy Jeep parts

TWDJ

Now it is known what I need to get to get my Jeep in shape ... the next step is purchasing all those inserts, covers, bushings, mounts, springs, etc. Where does one go?

I get catalogs and see on-line stores with prices so close to each other on identical products you could throw a blanket over them.

Among the biggest and most complete is Quadratec. I'd like to get some feedback on experiences and prices.

Thanks in advance!

Take your pick! Support your local business is possible - nothing beats face to face service. If no one around then Quadratec, 4WD Hardware, and the like are good to deal with. I'd be leary of any websites with unproven reputations. I don't like being a guinea pig, nor does my money.

quadratec is awesome! They're located in West Chester, PA and for me (in mid-PA) shipping UPS ground gets my stuff there in 1 day.

Quadratec's service is very good. I work 5 miles from them, so they are local business for me, too. Their return policy is very lenient. I've returned things for full credit that were two weeks past their "cut off". They also match prices... even Internet prices. When you call, you can give them a web site address and if they can tell it's the same exact peice, they'll give it to you for the site's price. I've done it more than once. The "live help" is actually really good, too. It's a person, not a generated assistant program.

Comparing prices can drive you nuts. $2 here + an extra $1.50 on shipping is only $.50... blah, blah, blah. Do a quick search for the part for a sanity check then order from a trusted vendor. If the prices are too far apart, there's probably a reason, right?

-X

I bought my wheels from Quadratec, and one was bent during shipping (cheap steelies). They had a replacement out to me the next day. I also got a steering stablizer from them that when I opened it it turned out to be a used old return. Again they replaced it quickly with no questions asked.

I don't mind an error like that if it is handled correctly, which they were.

I have also had great service from 4WD Hardware. I bought a Supertop from them and paid for it over 3 months (they do that for a few of their items).

I've had nothing but good experiences with both Quadratec and 4wd Hardware (4wd.com). Excellent service, great prices, and fast shipping, even out here to the great abyss that is central Kansas.

yeah Quadratec is great. I just got a new smittybult bumper for my yj. Im in ca and it ship monday and arrived today. Ive checked alot of places and they will match prices if someone is cheaper (but havent found many that are yet)

Check out the specials too. I ordered some Super seats and a fold n tumble rear seat last week from 4Wheel Parts Wholesale. They had the seats a lot cheaper than others, plus they were running a special on half off shipping and also sent me a $50 gift card and a battery powered rock crawler toy........for my son of course. Shipping was $31 for two front seats, a rear bench and another box with the toy. That was the deal maker there.
I hate paying shipping about as much as taxes.

Check with Dirk or Jd at DPGoffroad.com they are really stand up guy's and wont stear you wrong there number is 316-776-9900 give them a call.

todds99xj said:
Check with Dirk or Jd at DPGoffroad.com they are really stand up guy's and wont stear you wrong there number is 316-776-9900 give them a call.

Is that in Wichita? Must be close with the 316 area code.....where you from?

There in Rosehill,Ks. I've built 2 cherokee's and 1 tj useing them and never hade a bad part or got the wrong part.

The only catalogue or online store I bought Jeep parts was Quadratec, and never had any problems. Of course the main places I shopped were wrecking yards and local places whenever possible.

todds99xj said:
There in Rosehill,Ks. I've built 2 cherokee's and 1 tj useing them and never hade a bad part or got the wrong part.

Cool. Didn't know there was another shop nearby...only ones I knew about was Offroad Motorsports on K-15 and Fat Boyz, just down the road from them. I'll have to check them out. Do they install lifts? I'll be getting mine done soon, and want to shop around for a good deal.

Sorry , just got home . Yes they do install'a but you would have to call and talk to Dirk next tuesday after he gets back from Moab. You can also contact him at info@dpgoffroad.com . Make sure you check out his web site. thanks Todd

Back