i hate ppl (actually only vandals)

jakbob

yeah so i was offroading one night and kinda bit more than i could chew in this one mud hole...so i eventually got myself out but blew one of my radiator hoses...so i had to make a decision...be stuck where a tow truck couldnt get to me (i was about a 1/2 mi in rough terrain) so i decided to make a run for the road...about 200 feet from the road my engine siezed up...so i got out and pushed...now, this is just me in semi wet mud pushing up hill...i make it up alittle but i couldnt push the jeep out of the rut...so i saw someone else offroading and i started to chase them down (have you ever had to chase down a vehicle in the night in mud? not fun i assure you) so they tow me out to the road, i lock my jeep up...call my friend and he gives me a ride home...well im trying to get ahold of my buddy because he drives a tow truck and could get me a deal...well, i couldnt get ahold of him...so my jeep was sitting on the side of the road for one night...then i get a call from a person walking their dog and they said that all my windows were smashed except my windsheild and someone stole my battery...so then eventually another person called and she said her friend could tow it for me for about 60 bucks...i ask my foster mom and she said of course...and now im waiting for him to call to say hes on the way so i can meet him over there...GOD I HATE SOME PEOPLE!! but some ppl are nice and they will help you out...anyway, ill post again with pics of the damage and further venting on a G rated level...

I don't understand why people gotta go out and mess up other peoples stuff. They take anything other then the battery? What is the point of taking the battery? are the worth that much?

scumbags

I had someone steal my $110 Optima Red Top from my racecar while it was in the shop getting an engine swap... :?

Also, no offense intended, but why would you risk blowing your engine instead of just parking it for the night and going after the radiator hose?? A radiator hose is a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild. Just askin...

well i blew the hose in a mud put about half a mile from the road with no cell phone to call anyone...and a new engine is costin me only about 100 so far... and LGR, i just got it towed to my house and this is what they took:

my cb radio
my stereo (after ripping the dash apart)
broke my rearview mirror (where the adhesive goes is a huge chip)
my alternator (not after cutting all my wires)

they destroyed:
passenger door window
rear passenger window (on a 2 door)
rear window
put a nice shatter in my windshield
ripped up my fuzzy dice (why)

and the thing that doesnt make sense, they took my head unit, but didnt bother with my speakers..i have pretty good speakers...pics to come after dinner...

and here are the pictures
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

^windshield^ ^dash^
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

^back window^ ^passenger window^
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

^passenger window^ ^and lets see whats missing...oh yeah...my battery and my alternator!^

Last edited:
Oh my god... Thats terrible! I can't believe some people... Well look at it this way, you can file insurance and use the money to buy a truck and turn that into a dedicated trail rig :D J/K, But seriously I'd be out for blood.

yeah i am...but i only had liability...it gets kinda expensive when your 18 and you had 3 tickets when you were 17....(cop had a bad day)

jakbob said:
yeah i am...but i only had liability...it gets kinda expensive when your 18 and you had 3 tickets when you were 17....(cop had a bad day)

Oh man, I feel your pain, I'm 19 and scrap every penny I have to put into my Jeep. It wouldnt matter to me if anyone broke into it because of the state its in, but if someone were to say slash my tires I wouldnt be a happy camper. So what are you gonna do? File a police report?

That really sucks man.

jakbob said:
i only had liability..
That sucks even more.

There's a pre - 97 XJ for sale up here on Jefferson Rd (not sure what year), it looks real rough but the glass is good. I'll swing by there tomorrow night and see what the guy wants for it... judging from the way it looks it should be really cheap. Maybe it'll be cheaper than all the glass and a new alternator. Got room for a parts vehicle?

I'll get back to ya.

Holy crap man, I can't believe how calm you are being through all this. I would be on a rampage! I guess you should have left it in the mud overnight. If you are looking for another XJ, my dad has one for sale here in NJ... 93 with a 4.0 5spd, black, 2 door... 1900 bucks. Probably too far to go for a jeep, but thought I would try to help.

Good luck dude.

I will sit with mine before I'll leave it on the side of the road overnight anymore. I've been in that position before, and just left it in the mud until the next day......it's safer. I've pulled out a couple of abandoned trucks that the owners had apparently left so they could go get help. It sucks that happened to you.

The way I learned about not leaving stuff on the side of the road was by hearing the stories by a local group of street racers. They would steal cars off the side of the road with a tow truck and then strip them down and dump them. The leader of that group was killed in an unrelated altercation with the police. Another guy I know would pull his flatbed up to construction sites and just load up heavy equipment and drive off. He's still running around. Tow truck drivers have the tools to be top notch car thieves. It's harder to steal something if it's fifty yards off the road and buried in mud:lol:

That's one thing I hate about 4 wheeling. I've learned my lesson the hard way that if you break down somewhere on the trail or even on the road to never leave it for any length of time especially over night. It's too tempting for idiots to break into it and vandalize it when it's parked in an area with no lights at all and seldom sees any people. You're usually better off to just fork out the higher rate of a tow truck driver than wait around for a deal because you'll usually end up paying more in the end for the theft and damage those idiots will cause you.

TwistedCopper said:
That really sucks man.

That sucks even more.

There's a pre - 97 XJ for sale up here on Jefferson Rd (not sure what year), it looks real rough but the glass is good. I'll swing by there tomorrow night and see what the guy wants for it... judging from the way it looks it should be really cheap. Maybe it'll be cheaper than all the glass and a new alternator. Got room for a parts vehicle?

I'll get back to ya.

Is it a 2-door also?

bot xjs sound like really good deals...i just gotta try to get some funds...i might just donate my xj to a charity or something for a tax right off.,..

Whoops, no, the one I was talking about is a 4 door. My bad.

Donate it? I thought you were still making payments on it.

A few windows and a 2.5L will still be cheaper than another vehicle if you get a line on a parts car (I think you already have an engine lined up, right?).

If you want to get rid of it I might consider buying it from you... but I'd like to see you try to get it back on the road.

im all up for a nother used xj...the story with my jeep is that my friend bought it straight out and i drove it, kept it insured...HE could probibly donate it or what not...or sell it...but now im tthinking bout findin a cheep xj (2 or 4 door) and workin on it...my girl wants to buy me a 4.0 for my birthday (may 8th) so...i have many choices in the matter....so TC...how much that xj you saw cost?

People are complete *******s. Between what happened to UTAH, and my buddy Steve (Dodge PU stolen) it's like the world's gone insane lately.

Something's in the air.

Sorry about your XJ dude.

yeah it happens...nothin i can really do about it though...other than start all over again..

Back