I demand that you let me break the law!!

Junkpile

So, what are your feelings about protests by our beloved illegal aliens? Just curious. I say it's time for REAL Americans to do a little protesting. We can't afford to send them home? Then how can we afford to continually give them free healthcare, housing, and representation?

I would be more than willing to buy one of them a bus ticket home and pay for one load of bricks to help build the wall so they can't come back. Of course, bullets are a much cheaper alternative to bricks, and you can't climb over a speeding bullet.

It's insanity. I don't know HOW these people and the sympathists are justifying this in their heads.

THEY ARE CALLED ILLEGAL ALIENS FOR A REASON! ILLEGAL being the operative word. Our country can't afford an influx of such mass amounts of people, and nor should we start.

BS argument #!: "Well, they do all of the jobs Americans refuse to do."
BS!!!! Americans refuse to work for as little as they do. Americans refuse to work for NO benefits. If they industry is dependant on the services of underpaid aliens, then that's their fault. You could make the arguement that the very same industries were dependant on slavery at one time. Should we legalize that too?

BS agrument #2: "We were all once illegal aliens" This perspective only has validity in the sense that we souldn't stereotype all Mexican-americans. BUT, the country can't afford to absorb foreigners in such mass quantity. Sure, in our early history, we were in need of people to populate the country, thus the migrations were nessessary if not welcomed.

I'll tell you this much
This isn't gonna happen on my dollar... that's for damn sure.​

In my book, this case is an open and shut issue. If the mexican-americans who are protesting (and it isn't all of them, it isn't even most of them) want to make a positive impression on the rest of the coutry, they better put down their mexican flags and start waving the stars and stripes, becuase they aren't helping their cause with the public at large. From a PR standpoint they are hurting themselves.
STUPID IDIOTS!!!

And this is being typed by a guy who's last name is Dominguez.

I like what Carlos Mencia has to say on the subject, who is a funny mexican-american standup comedian..."it's straight-up retarded."

I have no problem with Mexicans or any other foreigners coming here to work... AS LONG AS THEY DO IT LEGALLY!
I work and pay taxes and so should they. I don't want to pay for their burden on society any more than they want to pay for mine (or someone else's).
I do think it is somewhat funny that the reason they are here is for work... So how do they protest??? By not going to work. Does that make sense?
Bye the way, from what I can see, the only people suffering today are all the employers who were relying on their cheap labor to show up. Now they won't meet their deadlines. One lost day by a minority of protestors is not going to impact the economy to the extent they had hoped.
And one more thing...I don't appreciate them singing my national anthem in Spanish. It was written in English and should be sung that way. Deal with it!

redrooster said:
I don't appreciate them singing my national anthem in Spanish. It was written in English and should be sung that way. Deal with it!

I agree with everything you said 100 percent. Except on 2 points. I don't have a problem with the spanish anthem. I think it shows a great deal of respect that they did that. If they had no pride in the US, that wouldn't have come into fruition. And the artists did this directly as a result of the fact that they feel the Mex-American protesters were waving too many Mexican flags. I think that's kinda cool.

The industries that depend on their cheap labor are breaking the law just as much as the aliens themselves, and have only themselves to blame for how dependant they are on that labor.

But you read my post above, these protests are ridiculous. If the powers that be succumb to these demands, I'm moving to Canada.

What's worse than the fact that they are protesting illegally while being in the country illegally, is the fact that they are boycotting the very same American companies that have lobbied so hard to give them what rights they have! Yeah, now that's straight-up retarded! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot and biting the hand that feeds you.....really, how freaking stupid can they be?!?

I have heard so many bogus arguments for legalizing these illegals.
1) They pay their taxes and contribute to the country. Um, no they don't. Sales tax, yes. Payroll tax, no. I don't know about you, but the 7% I have to pay at the store is nothing compared to what comes out of my paycheck.
2) They don't put a burden on the country because 99% of them are afraid to go get public services. Well, duh, because they are illegal. If we make them legal, the fear goes away, and now they become a burden.
3) They take jobs Americans don't want. Actually, they keep wages low for jobs Americans used to do but now don't because of the pay.

Clearly this is our fault as well for allowing the issue to get to the point that it has. Who can fault the immigrant for wanting a better life and doing what he needs to do to achieve it? If there are no penalties for coming here illegally, and he is not hurting anybody, why wouldn't he? If companies are willing to hire him, why wouldn't he work? If the government cracked down on companies and small business owners who create the demand for illegal workers, maybe that demand would subside. They don't just go after the drug users, they hit the drug dealers too. Although its a different "crime", I think the concept is comparable.

As some of you know, my sister-in-law is from Viet Nam. After she and my brother married, she spent another year and a half in Viet Nam working to get all her ducks in a row so that she could immigrate to the U.S. Once she got over here, the first thing she did was to start working on her English and then working on all the paperwork required to start the naturalization process. She worked another long hard 2 years to finally become a legal citizen of the U.S.A. She now speaks decent English and holds down a full time job in the deli at a large grocery chain in Wichita. She pays taxes, she works a real job, she pays for insurance, everything just like the rest of the U.S. Citizens.

So, why is it so hard for these illegals from Mexico to do the same? They've got nothing hard to do compared to what Thu Oanh had to do. Leaving Viet Nam is next to impossible. She has a brother that the Viet Namese government won't let leave the country. While my brother was over there to get her the last time after she had filed all the necessary papers, she was arrested, hauled down to the local police station, and interrogated at gunpoint for several hours about why she wanted to leave Viet Nam. So, don't give me any feeble excuses as to why the Mexicans aren't going through the process of becoming citizens. I have no problem with those who have gone the extra mile to do that, it's the ones that are here illegally that burn my backside.

If I can learn Frere Jacque in French, they can learn the anthem in English.

Sparky-Watts said:
What's worse than the fact that they are protesting illegally while being in the country illegally, is the fact that they are boycotting the very same American companies that have lobbied so hard to give them what rights they have! ....

I just heard about the "boycotting" yesterday.:evil:

Hey, here is an idea: While your busy boycotting American busineses, go ahead and boycott the emergency rooms in our hospitals so my healthcare cost can begin to level off?

How about boycotting the roads so my wife won't get hit AGIAN by a Ford Fiesta carrying 3 adults and 4 children who were illegal and UNINSURED, like you did to me last year?

How about boycotting WIC and Welfare and the food-stamp program?

How about boycotting the border areas where Tuburculosis is on a rise again?

And for all of the bleeding hearts our there who say we should give them a chance to become legal citizens (that includes you Presidente El Bush)
Heres a clue: THEY DON'T WANT TO BECOME AMERICAN CITIZENS!!
Many have been here for almost a decade and don't care enough to even try and learn english. Instead of adapting to our culture, they want to turn parts of America into Mexico.

off rant.;)

mingez said:
But you read my post above, these protests are ridiculous. If the powers that be succumb to these demands, I'm moving to Canada.

move to Canada???... You can move to Mexico, cause they'll all be up here.

If I were in charge we would have sealed off the areas they met in, rounded them up, and had a "cattle drive" sending them home.

Yee freakin haw!

Canada is just as bad they bring them all in set them all up,while our own starve because they can't get jobs.Its only going to get worse mow that Harper is running the country.

redrooster said:
move to Canada???... You can move to Mexico, cause they'll all be up here.

I love the interior of Mexico... the real mexico. But no freaking way after spending 3 years in El Paso.

If we were smart, we'd have sent immigration agents to the rallies. Talk about easy pickings.

mingez said:
If we were smart, we'd have sent immigration agents to the rallies. Talk about easy pickings.

Wow, can you imagine the uproar from the Left. Somehow they would claim we were violating their civil rights by arresting them at a protest. Like they have any rights. They are here ILLEGALLY. That is why I don't understand how they get all these rights that they already have. They are here ILLEGALLY. Against the law. They have no rights except to go back home. I have no problem if you want to come here legally and work but when you sneak over here, that is ILLEGAL.

south442 said:
Wow, can you imagine the uproar from the Left. Somehow they would claim we were violating their civil rights by arresting them at a protest. Like they have any rights. They are here ILLEGALLY. That is why I don't understand how they get all these rights that they already have. They are here ILLEGALLY. Against the law. They have no rights except to go back home. I have no problem if you want to come here legally and work but when you sneak over here, that is ILLEGAL.

I wonder. I'm on the left, and that's my idea. The Right would be in uproar because we'd be deporting their cheap labor force.

The US can't adopt every stray dog we see wandering the streets. Our backyard just isn't big enough.

It really gets me when the news and everybody calls them "immigrants." Immigration isn't running across the border in the middle of the night. And as for the boycotts, if they want to walk out on work, I say they should just keep walking all the way to Mexico. And if they can't find south, I'm more than happy to show them the way.

We have the same problem here in Vancouver but not really with mexicans. More with east indians and chinese (not trying to be predjudice). We get boat loads of chinese immigrants off the container ships and the east indians are bringing over their family for indefinate vacations. Most of the parts around here that have gang/drug and alochol problems, is because of immigrants. (I'm in no way saying that we are perfect either) What I don't understand is that even when they do get citizenship, Canada and the US are one of the few places in the world where anyone can get a job and a lot of them abuse it because their "illegal friends" are into these things. Now we've got all these gang banger wannabees walking around doing home invasions, selling drugs, mugging, raping and shooting people. I blame it on the lack of enforcement of immigration rules, the rules being way too slack and the lack of security at the borders. I live next to the border and they can beef up the security at the border itself as much as they want and it won't help. They need to patrol the border line. Not that I've ever done it but I've heard of many people who have run US alochol over the border to Canada. The booze is so much cheaper in the States. All you have to do is drop someone off along the border line, walk through one of many paths in the forest and you're home free. Just think what could happen if it were a terrorist going into either country and how easy it would be for them. Anyways I'm getting a little off topic here. As far as illegal immigrants go, I say ship'em all home and if they can get here legally and prove that they are law abiding, working citizens then great I have no problem with that. I also feel that any new legal immigrant should be under permanent probation or for a minimum of at least 10 years.....break the law within that probation period and you're gone.

Last edited:

mingez said:
The Right would be in uproar because we'd be deporting their cheap labor force.
True.

Both of the 2 big parties would speak out against it because they really care about immigrants. Yeah, right, they're just trying to snag some more votes. both sides and they are foresaking the rest of us.

mingez said:
The US can't adopt every stray dog we see wandering the streets. Our backyard just isn't big enough.
agreed

Back