Famous Jeeps

The Goonies!

450-2.jpg

Jeep!

I saw 2 really cool black YJs with light bars on the top in the series 24. Dont remember what episode it was, but it took place on the desert and one of the YJs gets flipped. By the way 24 kicked ass!!!

bchcky said:
damn you beat me, joopin's post immediately made me think of new jack city.
HA! That's what reminded me of it too.

NiteDog said:
You pups are too young to remember this one... :rolleyes:

rgrsr25-2.jpg

My friend, my folks are too young to remember that!

:0)

But us whippersnappers need to see these old Jeep references........ who knows if one of us is to become a car designer and brings the old style back again right!

NiteDog said:
You pups are too young to remember this one... :rolleyes:

rgrsr25-2.jpg

Man, you're bringin' back some memories!!!.............I forgot all about ol' Nellybelle!

Ok, here's another one:

There was an episode of "The Dukes of Hazzard" (which was already mentioned for Dixie, Daisy's Jeep) in which there were a band of women who were running a scheme in Hazzard county which worked as follows:

1) Women shoot out radiator or whatever of a passing car on an isolated stretch of road out in the middle of nowhere, causing said car to break down.

2) Women set up fake sign that says there is a garage 2 miles ahead. Victim sees sign, thinks garage is nearby and decides to walk to the garage to get help repairing their car.

3) As soon as the victim is out of sight, the women swarm the disabled car in a flock of Jeeps (CJ's? I'm still new to Jeeps). The women strip the car to the frame and steal all the parts. The women then flee cross-country in the Jeeps.

4) The women then took the stolen parts to an auto parts store they ran in Hazzard where they packaged/re-sold the parts, usually to the victim who is trying to repair their stripped car.

Now, for some reason, the women driving "cross country" (i.e., off-road) in the Jeeps causes a real problem because despite all the crazy shenanigans the Dukes drive their '69 Charger through off-road in other episodes, in this episode nobody can follow the Jeeps off road. So, when the Dukes get framed for stealing the parts, they do the only logical thing to catch the crooks in the Jeeps - they install a 6" lift and 33" tires on a '69 Dodge Charger. :roll: I really wish I was making this up. I'll look through my DVDs later and see if I have this episode, and if I do I'll grab a screenshot of the lifted General Lee if anyone is interested.

Edit: I believe this episode may have been early on, before Daisy got Dixie (she had some old yellow musclecar in the early episodes, then in one episode Bo and Luke accidentally dropped her car off a cliff and totalled it, but in the end they saved some rich guys daughter so as a reward he gave Daisy a Jeep...just in case anyone didn't know... ;) )

Last edited:
Airwolf - Red, white & Blue CJ driven by Dominique Santini

Space Camp - Red YJ driven by Tate Donnavan. Only in the movie for a few seconds as he pulls up cranking Eric Claptons, Forever Man.

Necessary Roughness - Yellow CJ driven by the quarterback (guy from Quantum Leap)

Replacements - Red YJ driven by the hot, head chearleader.

The Announcer, John Melendez for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno had his 99 wranger pimped on, Pimp my ride.

John Melendez from the tonight show had his 99 jeep redone one Pimp my ride.

Back