Poor service by Jeep parts retailer

Just to let every one know about a dealer to stay away from. Jeeps, from what I understand have a crack problem in the exhaust manifold and sure enough, I developed one. I ordered a new exhaust manifold through a company out of Southern California named AUTOMOTIVE PARTS NETWORK only to find the part sent was warped and could not be fitted to my engine. I tried to get them to send a replacement overnight and explained that I live in a rural area and needed my vehicle as soon as prossible to get back and forth to workl.Not only did they not help me solve the problem but I was forced to buy a separate manifold and have ended up having to pay in excess of $700.00, when it should have cost me $350.00
I was also yelled at by the owner when I tried to solve the problem to every ones satisfaction and then they hung up on me.
The only explanation I received was it was not their policy. I can only hope I will get my money back. I guess he feels he is to big to bother with good customer service.

Any way stay away from them.

There's a little thing called "Warranty of Merchantability" that you can throw at them when you file a claim in small claims court. In a nutshell, it states that if they sell a product that is not usable as intended due to workmanship, material, or other means, they must either offer a replacement or a full refund. No company can claim an absolute "No Return" policy, regardless of how many times and where they post the policy. If the product is bunk, they must make amends. Contact the Better Business Bureau in your state, then take'em to court!

yeah i'd take 'em to court too... do everyone else a favor and don't let them get away with stuff like that!

Like Sparky said, try the BBB. I never had much confidence in them, but have used them twice and they came through great. And it's pretty simple, as long as you're patient.

Are you also in CA? They aren't so quick to yell at you if you come into their shop. Especially with customers there to WITNESS the crappy build of their product. If not, try the better business people. Good luck, and hope you get your money back. P.S. If you paid by credit card or by your bank account contact them to see what recourse you have for fraudluant products they sent. Maybe funds reversal or bank investigation.

P.S. I just read their return policy and you should have been golden. They should have sent you a RGA# and sent out a new one.

Last edited:
Back