Best Jeep come on people post some replies =)

N3farious

Hello everyone,

Hi I am new to this fourm and I am looking to buy a jeep not to far into the future. I am trying to decide on which Jeep is the best as in the CJ5, CJ7, Wrangler or what, if someone could help make this decision a little bit easier it would be greatly appreciated and also include things that make it the best Jeep....Thanks[addsig]

cj-5 unless you are tall or fat...haha
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

It all depends on what you are going to use the Jeep for. More details please.....Welcome to the world of Jeeping Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

The Jeep will end up being lifted with nice large tires, axles, engine swap, and all that good stuff, I will be taking it off-road probably quite often but it will be my daily driver to. The off-roading will be like all mud and dirt probably close to no rock climbing, maybe some sand when I take trips to the beach. So I am kind of looking for a Jeep that can seat 4 and with a little storage space for trips, and be strong and sound and not fall apart like I have heard the wranglers do. I have heard the wranglers are a lil cheaply made.[addsig]

Well, Jeeps are all different....the "Best" Jeep is usually in the eye of the beholder!!
image-missing.png
Seriously, you can modify any Jeep to your specifications, wants, needs....pocket book!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I beat the crap out of my stock Wrangler almost every weekend, and it's never let me down. Given unlimited $$$ and resources, and with a moterswap in mind...I would go with a CJ. Calm down every one...I still love my TJ, but wil have a CJ as well.......someday Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ok, this is my though pattern on it so bare w/ me here:

the cj (2a through 7 or
image-missing.png
is the badass mother of an off road machine. they're migh and narrow and are geared low for power. The TJ is the nice, refined open cab jeep (dont get me wrong, they still can put up a hell of a fight). they have a nicer ride, are more comfortable and quite and are designed to be the "plesent jeep". this is why i hold a love for the YJ. it is the missing link between them both. it has the wider, shorter body and streetworthy gearing of the yj, but and the suspention and overall feel and look (save for the square headlights) of the older cjs. It is my opinion (however biased as how i have never driven or so much as ridden in either a CJ or YJ) that if u want the best balance between trail abilities and daily driverness, the Yj is the way to go. good lucj and welcome to the group, whichever u end up choosing, and should u ever come to New England, ill ride w/ ya![addsig]

Even the new Liberty that gets kicked around is still a Jeep in the greater view of it all. I have heard PAsmokeater say he has seen one that is a real kick in the @%# on the rock crawler set. I love the cjs I have a yj and I wish I had a shinny new tj Rubicon to tweek out to suit me. However I have limited funds (due to haveing teenage boys) So I drive my 4banger yj and do to it what I can when I can. Set your own goals and buy in the price range that suits you and set it up the way youwant it. Like Greencuke said if you get to East Tennessee I to will ride with you! Hope you pick a winner and no matter what you pick we will all pick on you for picking it! Welcome Tug[addsig]

yeah those liberty's are something else....my friend and fellow club member is the president of L.O.S.T. ........( Liberty owners specialty team )...something like that...

that is one of the craziest grocery getters i have ever seen.. he has a website but i cant remember the address..talk about one comfortable offroad vehicle...custom front rear bumpers, 4 inch lift, warren 9000lb wench, and rear lockeryeah i think he runs 33s on it.

if you want a jeep with room, dont get the cj 5 it just a little too short sorry cj5 owners...all jeeps will work for what you want.just buy what u like..laters
image-missing.png
[addsig]

find yourself a CJ8 or CJ10 or a Commache or build yourself a replica of the JEEP 2
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Pick a Fiberglass body and etc. , find a frame, pick an Engine up and Build away! That is the way to roll. That is truly the best jeep(in my Humble Opinion) but until then, buy a CJ, 5,6,7,8 they are all great![addsig]

get a YJ!!!!! they've got the pimpin square head lights!!!![addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>get a YJ!!!!! they've got the pimpin square head lights!!!!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

CJ10's have square headlights too
image-missing.png
[addsig]

GreenCuke where in New England are you from?? im over here in the middle of CT but i ride in massachussets too.. just wonderin where you go wheelin'[addsig]

damn straight 411. YJ love. never heard of a CJ10 either, care to elaborate beretta?[addsig]

Back