Jeep Commander

jaymz77

Has anybody done any heavy research into the Commander? Does anyone own own this beast yet? Just doing some research for buying one(not for myself). It sounds like this new multi-displacement Hemi might actually be of interest too. Otherwise the Commander sounds like it's just a full sized Dodge pickup with a different body. What do you guys think?:???: Should I recommend it to a relative who is interested?

I've driven one (a customer of mine owns it and let me take it for a spin). They are pretty cushy inside, at least the one I drove fully loaded, and have a buttload of power!! Don't know that I'd buy one, but that's just my preference. The short drive I took in it doesn't give me authority to say yes or no to anyone as to whether they should buy it, though.

Bounty__Hunter said:
I think they're fugly.

Hey, I agree with you whole heartedly on that. The buyer said they wanted a car that looks "boss" and the commander definetely fullfills that demand. I am trying to talk them out of it though. It's stupid to buy a vehicle that is basically a Durango that took a blow from the ugly cannon. Not that the buyer has any intention of wheelin this thing, but I am not a big fan of the IFS, nice GM 10 bolt in the rear though.

GM 10 Bolt???
A friend said he had one as a rental last week that had the V-6...it sucked. Gotta go Hemi if you get a Commander. He said the full time 4wd worked well though. They took it out to Stoddard Valley OHV for a night ride. Also, Jeep says 7 passenger...the last two must get strapped to the roof.

My dad bought one a few months ago. His last vehicle was a '99 Wrangler, and he loves the ride of the Commander compared to the Wrangler (obviously). One of the reasons he bought it was because it was so ugly, didn't want a pretty car. It has the 4.7 and it has more than enough power. Its just a bigger body on the Grand Cherokee platform. With the last seat up, it is really hard to see out the back window. I drove it once around easter and I liked it, but I wouldn't trade my Wrangler for one.

Back