'07 Jeep Compass? I hate it!

90growler

What an embarassment to all of the loyal Jeep owners. This uncapable spaceship has front wheel drive and is meant to appeal to non-traditional Jeep buyers. I could never imagine anybody lifting it or doing any mods. It's a real POS and does not desearve to wear the name. I really hated the KJ when it came out, but this is the worst thing I have ever seen. What do you guys think?

http://www.jeep.com/07compass/

Last edited:

I don't understand, that thing is hard core yo! Though 18" isn't big enough they need to offer it with a 22" wheel pkg, underbody neon's, and a faux NOS can in the trunk!

It all goes back to it just being a brand name, just because it has Jeep written on it does not mean that its a jeep, and just because it doesn't have Jeep written on it does not mean that it is not a jeep. Just an addition to the long line of non-jeep Jeeps.

It looks like a Liberty had sex with a Chevy minivan and this is the end result.
This might be the next gayest thing to a PT Cruiser I have ever seen. It would look much better if they lowered it.

redrooster said:
It looks like a Liberty had sex with a Chevy minivan and this is the end result.
This might be the next gayest thing to a PT Cruiser I have ever seen. It would look much better if they lowered it.
It would look much better if they stuck it in a car crusher.:twisted:

image-missing.png

Ugh!!!!
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Looks like a Tourag hit an Aztec head on

have u seen that jetta commericial when the people are yellin stuff with the loudspeaker in there nice car

maybe this compass should go hang out with the H3

by the way this one screams "Because im too rich for a wrangler"

Now I have to say this is a good yuppy suv.
Now don't hate me because I understand where Jeep is coming from here.
This is a larger Liberty model, but short of Grand. The medium SUV market is hot. And Jeep is looking to grab some of that markets share.
The didn't state that this was a trail rated SUV nor did they say that this SUV will take over the wranglers spot. Just a new SUV style.

Granted its buzz (tt) ugly and so under powered that it would have a hard time driving down a dirt road. Now if they allowed that 2.0 diesel into the US market it might have a chance or two on that old dirt road.

This is meant for people who won't drive on dirt except for maybe a driveway. I read in Petersen's that its 5" lower, 2 2" narrower, and 1" shorter than the Liberty. And as for the Liberty I was sceptical until I drove one. I happen to like the Liberty, but wish it was a little bigger.

Bottom line is this. Most of us here are not going to buy a new Jeep, regardless of the model. Everyone is stuck in their respective time/jeep zones. The new thing looks like it needs to take a big dump to me, because it has a fat arse. I don't really care, though, if Jeep has to build some other products to stay alive, then so be it. At least they are staying with some traditional frames like the SWB and etc. I guess you could say they are selling out, but I support them if that's what they have to do to stay alive and kickin. Just my opinion. Now off to bed. Take Care, KJ

KrazyJeeper said:
Bottom line is this. Most of us here are not going to buy a new Jeep, regardless of the model. Everyone is stuck in their respective time/jeep zones. The new thing looks like it needs to take a big dump to me, because it has a fat arse. I don't really care, though, if Jeep has to build some other products to stay alive, then so be it. At least they are staying with some traditional frames like the SWB and etc. I guess you could say they are selling out, but I support them if that's what they have to do to stay alive and kickin. Just my opinion. Now off to bed. Take Care, KJ

Yuppers. Both you and Ute hit it on the head, good business practice. And, if that's what it takes to keep the Wranglers coming off the assembly line, the so be it.

Considering the improvements to the 07 Wranglers, I can live with it being on the same lot. If it will mean more US made cars being sold then it's not a bad thing.

It is ugly though, but some folks will like it.

if jeep profits from it, then more power to 'em. but i just cant imagine who would buy such a thing? i guess the same people that buy pt's, aztecs, etc....

i just wish there was something in the new lineup that i actually want... i dont like the rounded body panels and all that so much... i wish they'd start making the old xj's again, a rubicon edition. lol

looks like a mini dodge durango kinda from the rear.which looks like a minivan on steroids. but i have the answer for it a couple pounds of c4 would help it look like it really is a pile of crap.and an eye sore for for the real jeeps kinda embarassing if ya ask me

Back