My wet (inside) Jeep...

Another solution:

image-missing.png

Available here: http://www.jeepcovers.com/

Functionally equivalent rain-parking covers are available from several truck/Jeep aftermarket sources.

Such a cover might also prove useful during a rainstorm while you away from home and your Jeep soft-top is off or down.

Regards,

High and Desiccant Dry, Gadget

remove floor plugs, then if:
Leak in rear, park nose up.
Leak in front, park nose down.

HA! I got a real kick out of that one... and I already thought of it! My hubby's parking space dips down in the back...I guess I will have to steal his spot on rainy days. The rubber bar along the back window bottom sits behind the top of the gate.. the gate smashes it behind when I close it . It appears that the canvas top edge overhangs a tad and I would think that rain would drip below that rubber line???? I think it might be the corner where the gate pivots open , the very far edge as it's not wet across the back inside, just in the far right corner, BAD.

The rain has let up a little and I didn't want to drive my sopping Jeep to work today, thinking that if I parked her in a different position that I might come out to standing water under my drivers side SO I took my lonely Explorer... it was quite comical. I was driving along thinking how cushy and nice and dry the ride was... just cruisin' along.....thinking how utterly ......boring.... it ....was....... with no 5 speed.... watching all the other Jeepers flying by... resisting the urge to wave :p ... I kept thinking OOOH, there's a Jeeper! No NO! Don't wave you fool.. you are not in your Jeep, dingdong.....It's funny when I am in my Jeep and other Jeepers don't wave it's like my balloon popped .....ppssssssssss...and I say Oh, they didn't WAAAVVE!! My hubby says oh for God's sake, they weren't even looking! :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just wanna wave to EVERYONE!!! WEEEEEEE! Hi everybody!:purple: I'm in my way cool fun JEEEPPP! ( Of course they don't know the cuffs of my jeans are danglin' in one inch of dirty water pooled up under my feet!) Sheer insanity I tell ya... sheer insanity!! What IS that??? And you are thinking WHAT IN THE BLEEP IS SHE TALKIN' ABOUT??!! She is truly wacked! HA HA HA HA!!!
But really now, I am going to XMZ (examine my zipper) :purple: and the entire back window area and see what I can find. I asked the neighbor to stop over, he never did. His wife says ( like I am a total idiot) "Put a tarp over it." Like what are ya, stupid or what??" I told her I don't own a tarp as I never had a vehicle that I had to shelter from the elements before that IS the cars job... not mine!.......I'm thinking "I IRON MY CLOTHES EVERY DAY WOMAN!!!! Me? own a tarp?!! PUH-LEEZE!" :lol:

Who knows, perhaps it will be like the ole leaky roof.... you only worry about it when it's rainin'!!! I really don't mind a little leak here and there, but I seriously don't wanna be packing my add a trunk with towels every time it rains. I told my husband perhaps I should sell it to someone who lives in the desert in Arizona..... he said DUH, that's why it's called a Sahara!!! :lol:

And one final thing as you head-bob reading this long thing... I wrestled out the add a trunk last night under cover of dark as it stopped raining for a few minutes. I recruited my littlest daughter , age 8, to help as hubby did his part loosening the nuts around the trunk... (thanks, dear....yer a real PAL... next time yer a** can ride on the rough and tumble!) I got it all loosened and got inside and my daughter was standing behind the trunk. I said "Now okay, listen..... while I lift up this trunk thing, you push that carpet back toward me so I can slip it out......and hold on to that 16" by 16" sub woofer back there too.... come on now....do mommy proud!! Don't drop that sub, honey, Good Lord, don't drop Mommy's sub!... pay attention... this is stuff you will need to know later in life....." She was grunting and panting.... trying to do 10 things at once while I am yelling.... "GEEEZZ! This trunk thing is heavy... If I blow a friggin' O ring...Where is DADDDDYYYY! Damn.!!!!.. he's watchin' that stinkin' TIVO and I am out here bustin' my butt!!!!" :x She then says ( so wise for her years...) Mom.. if YOU want Daddy out here, just ASK him, he doesn't KNOW you are havin' trouble!!!! and I reply.. oh HEEEE KNOWWSSS!! .....trust me.... he knows... HA! It really wasn't that dramatic, I like to sprinkle a little "funny" on things.... it wasn't fun, and she did help me out a great deal and no one was harmed in the process. Thanks for all the help everyone. I appreciate it, a lot! Hopefully we will figure it out soon.

Whattya think, Jeepz folks? Looks and sounds like this case of Jeepitis is a bad one... quite possibly permanent damage has been done here.

:lol:

TwistedCopper said:
Whattya think, Jeepz folks? Looks and sounds like this case of Jeepitis is a bad one... quite possibly permanent damage has been done here.

:lol:

A truly hopelessly helpless case....too far gone for therapy........:purple:

My Jeep did the same thing new from the factory. Seems they left off a seal by the door. It is supposed to be where the plastic door surround meets the tub. Without it, water filled up the floor. I can post a pic later for more clarification.

that would be GREAT if I had a pic to go by... Here is a pic of this Jeep that I am having a love/hate relationship with......if left me sitting today in the middle of the evacuation flood line of cars... I was fuming mad... stahlin' buckin' carrying on.. I had to coast it into a parking lot in the flood zone of our town and walk home.... TICKED OFF.....went back and left it run for 20 mins. or so... it dried out and got me home up out of the flood water.... I am beginning to think this Jeep doesn't like me...:( I never had so much trouble with a vehicle.. hope it's not an omen of what our relationship will be like.

Myjeepy-3.jpg

Here are some pics of my tailgate.. I see that the one piece of vertical rubber gasket is soft/melted behind it, about the top 1 inch or so... not sticking real well.... it pulls away from the door if you put pressure on it but I would think when it's slammed shut, it would be flush and tight.. take a look if you would. Thanks.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

For your leak see if the windsheild has been replaced look on the inside of the seal and see if it looks like some one did it with a calk gun and then put the glass in. My yj leaked real bad from there but look on the bright side the water will keep you floorboards a little cooler.

I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler and have a similer problem with a small leak dripping in when it rains. That small leak however seems to grow to about an inch of water if I don't keep the drain plug out. And yes, I have removed the carpeting to keep the rust down. I have cleaned out the cowl drain hose and snipped it so as to have a larger hole for the water to come out. I still get a leak in the driver's side and it is now starting to rust just in front of the door where the weld is.

Any Suggestions?

And by the way, I still "Love" my Jeep!

Captaintek

My XJ leaks right out of the passenger side above where my wife puts her feet. Drips right on them. I just tell her that I can control it, and so she better behave or I'll take a fast corner and then we'll see what happens.

(Then she punches me. Don't know what that's about)

Back