Why is it that Politicians think they can reason away middle east violence?!?!?

Gone&DoneIt

:evil: I am amazed sitting here watching CNN.:evil: All these analysts keep talking about sanctioning countries in the hopes of dissuading terrorist cells and operations, socio-economically "squeezing" those countries who aid or harbor terrorists to influence those in the region to turn them over. Am I the only person that sees the oxymoron here??? :confused: The middle east has always been and always will be steeped in violence. It is a fundamental piece of MOST middle eastern families, politics, and religeon. To think that a government, ANY government can reason the problem away is absurd. They hate us, they will always hate us, we will always be resented- right or wrong it doesn't matter, the violence in some form or fashion is a way of life. Am I the only person that thinks we need to close ranks, and protect our interests here in the States?

Sorry, didn't mean to throw a gauntlet down but this is just absurd to me!

Last edited:

I hear ya, However we do gotta back our allies. Our country should be priority one, but things that happen over in the middle east end up effecting us all. I think its just gotta run its course and see what happens, after all we can only do so much.

Israel offerred to abide by a compete cease-fire and withdrawl if the Lebanese army would control the border between the two (stop the terrorists from crossing the border into Israel and from firing rockets into Israel) but Lebanon refused.

As far as I am concerned Lebanon asked for this, and so did their citizens. They voted 14 of those terrorists into their government. IT shows they support them.

They'd better heed the warnings that are are on the leaflets that Isreal has been dropping warning them to leave. I am pretty certain Israel will not stop until every person that ever was or claimed to be part of Hezbullah is dead.

Well, actually, that is what a good government tries to do....when all else fails, we send in the B2 bombers. Much as I disagreed with a lot of what he did in office, Ronald Reagan was pretty darn good with reasoning with folks. Look at Russia and East/West Germany.

But, as far as those idiots in and around Gaza....nuke'em all.

Its one thing when the psychos are fighting with each other with rifles and machine guns...but now that they have long range missles the responsible nations of the world need to step in. But that involves stopping Iran and Syria from giving money and weapons to these crazies. I dont think the EU has the balls to actually do anything to Iran or Syria.

BTW...didnt the UN pass a resolution telling lebanon they needed to disarm Hellzbola many years ago? Now that Hellzbola is obviously showing they havent disarmed why isnt the UN putting together an effort to send troops in there and force Hellzbola to disarm. The UN seems to be worthless! If you cant back up your resolutions they mean nothing. Lets put the UN to some good use and turn the UN Building in NYC into affordable housing for the people of NYC>

Last edited:
The Isamic Facist are at war with the entire world. Yes even you.

They will not listen to reason.. due the the fact that their world view is unreasonable.

They see that Israel has no right to even exist. Them Iran and Syria have stated this time and time again. Their goal is the complete destruction of Israel and all of her people.
How would it be if the USA had about 4 countries on her boarders that thought they we have no right to even exist and their goal was our complete destruction?

Every time Israel is told by the world to give up land and move out of occupied territory there will finally be peace and everytime they move out and give up something..no peace. The last brilliant move by President Bush to make Israel leave the strip has provided a nice rocket launching area for the facist.:redface: And those are all nice "made in Syria" rockets.

I don't know the solution but if I were an Israeli I would be getting pretty sick and tired by now too.

Last edited:
Must say guys, I'm getting quite fed-up with the news reporting in the UK. Being Australian, I was brought up with a choice of news from around the world. When this war in Afghan and Iraq broke out, the news (BBC especially) would report it as British and American led forces. If coalition forces (that is, Australian and Poles - we both like a bit of excitement) entered into a firefight or gained territory we were reported in the news as British and American coalition led forces.... Now all the BBC reports on is American led forces, something wrong here as the players haven't changed, but responsibilty has... in my book - we went in together and we'll finish together

SuperRoo said:
Must say guys, I'm getting quite fed-up with the news reporting in the UK. Being Australian, I was brought up with a choice of news from around the world. When this war in Afghan and Iraq broke out, the news (BBC especially) would report it as British and American led forces. If coalition forces (that is, Australian and Poles - we both like a bit of excitement) entered into a firefight or gained territory we were reported in the news as British and American coalition led forces.... Now all the BBC reports on is American led forces, something wrong here as the players haven't changed, but responsibilty has... in my book - we went in together and we'll finish together

[90Xjay being waaay sarcastic]
Now.. I don't belive for a minute that news reports don't report the full story or give good details. I trust them completely.
[end sarcasm]

We've been dealing with faulty media reporting in America also.
Can't fix it.. but I can say that I do appreciate your countrymen's support fighting terrorism. ;) ;)

judge09 said:
BTW...didnt the UN pass a resolution telling lebanon they needed to disarm Hellzbola many years ago? Now that Hellzbola is obviously showing they havent disarmed why isnt the UN putting together an effort to send troops in there and force Hellzbola to disarm. The UN seems to be worthless! If you cant back up your resolutions they mean nothing. Lets put the UN to some good use and turn the UN Building in NYC into affordable housing for the people of NYC>
You mean like the UN did in Iraq and didn't follow through?

That's what they do. They make resolutions that never get resolved, then hold no one accountable. Then when Countries with the ability and fortitude to follow through do so, the UN grumble and point foul.

To hell with the UN, their resolutions, Kyoto, and their fair-weathered mediation.

I hope Israel moves swiftly and strong once the last Americans and others that want to leave are out. I hope so for a quick ending and a strong statement to those who think they have any power over them with terror. Those terrorists have big ideas, a big chip on their shoulder, but small weapons in relation to Israel. They woke the sleeping giant, which leads me to my take on the withdrawls from both Lebanon and the Gaza strip...

Do you think for one second that the USA or Israel believed those withdrawls would end up in peace? Don't be naive or think anyone else was (other than the UN). Israel was under so much pressure not to respond to all the terror, and being in a bind they had three choices:
1. live with the terrorism. Not a good one.
2. Unleash hell on them. They were already accused of being the "bad guys" by many, and this would give those fuel to further that line of thought.
or they could play their game with...
3. Withdraw, say "OK folks we'll do it your way, we want peace, you want peace, we'll pull out in the name of peace". Knowing well that the terrorists couldn't handle peace. Like mentioned above, they want Israel gone. I't not about Gaza, Lebanon, or anything else other than they hate non-muslims and want Israel gone. Then, when the terrorists showed their true color (a pale shade of yellow) and did what they do best Israel would be justified in taking them down.

I love it when a plan comes together.

I also love that those funding and assisting the US opposition in Iraq will need to shift some of that support over to Lebanon soon.

Funny thing is Israel is capable of more over there than we are. We have to move stuff across the world, they are fighting in their neighbor's yard. That's not good for their enemies, as they have an incredibly powerful air force, second only to ours in number of fighter jets. I think I read once that every Israeli man has been trained on how to fly them. If that's true that is incredible in itself.

Last edited:
Talking about countries that surround us, I read an article not too long ago about Mexico and how they believed we stole Texas and California from them illegally. I guess they just don't have the force to back it up. They stated this in justification for all the immigrants sneaking into the US.

KrazyJeeper said:
Talking about countries that surround us, I read an article not too long ago about Mexico and how they believed we stole Texas and California from them illegally. I guess they just don't have the force to back it up. They stated this in justification for all the immigrants sneaking into the US.

Yes, I have read transcripts of speeches by those who claim that very thing.
They are fighting us and waging war.. through culture,poplulation and attrition.

Remember the Alamo! On another note, I was watching Fox news and they said Israel went into Lebanon and is now in control of a village, in the village they found a Mosque with all kinds of armaments in it, including missiles, Now my question is this, if these mosque are so sacred to them, then why hide weapons there? These boys don't play fair. You can bet if we bomb one, they will scream Jihad, but they can do whatever they please.

KrazyJeeper said:
Remember the Alamo! On another note, I was watching Fox news and they said Israel went into Lebanon and is now in control of a village, in the village they found a Mosque with all kinds of armaments in it, including missiles, Now my question is this, if these mosque are so sacred to them, then why hide weapons there? These boys don't play fair. You can bet if we bomb one, they will scream Jihad, but they can do whatever they please.

That's exactly why....also why the insurgents in Iraq hide all their weapons and bomb-making facilities in the Mosques, because they know we won't bomb them because they are sacred sites. I say to hell with that, bomb the **** out of them anyway!:evil: :bomb:

KrazyJeeper said:
Israel went into Lebanon and is now in control of a village, in the village they found a Mosque with all kinds of armaments in it, including missiles
That is very clever. Sad, sick, and clever.

TwistedCopper said:
I'm okay with giving them California, but they ain't gettin' Texas!

Glad to see the support. We may have to call you down here to help out if it gets too bad.

90Xjay said:
The new rules of warfare are.. there are no rules....:(
Not for them. We, however, must continually put our soldiers at risk and multiply our operations' costs in order to maintain a level of political correctness.
::grumble:: ::grumble:: ::grumble::
90Xjay said:
Glad to see the support. We may have to call you down here to help out if it gets too bad.
I hope that includes a comprehensive benefit package with a solid family health plan :lol:

TwistedCopper said:
Not for them. We, however, must continually put our soldiers at risk and multiply our operations' costs in order to maintain a level of political correctness.
::grumble:: ::grumble:: ::grumble::

I hope that includes a comprehensive benefit package with a solid family health plan :lol:

Well... right now...all we can offer is a Mini-14 with 1000 or so rounds, a cold sody water, and some vittles.:redface: :redface:

90Xjay said:
Well... right now...all we can offer is a Mini-14 with 1000 or so rounds, a cold sody water, and some vittles.:redface: :redface:

Well, sign me up, pardner!!:p

Back