This is Sick!

BEAR, Del. -- Police said that a hit-and-run victim landed on the roof of the car that struck her, and the driver continued to drive for several miles.

Around 1 a.m. Friday morning, police said Tanya Kunig was behind the wheel of a Volkswagen Rabbit when she swerved onto the shoulder of Route 40 in Bear, Del., and hit Teresa Voiers, 44, who was walking down the highway.

A witness to the accident called 911 and followed Koonig.
Click here to find out more!

Authorities said Kunig, 25, of Claymont, was driving out of control before and after hitting Kunig.

"The vehicle continued for another 2.2 miles until it finally stopped west of Walther Road in Newark. The troopers at that time noticed there was a female on the roof. She was pronounced dead at the scene," said Corp. Jeff Whitmarsh of the Delaware State Police.

Police said Kunig was driving while impaired.

"The person in this case who was driving the vehicle, who struck the pedestrian, it is suspected that drugs were in her system," Whitmarsh said.

Kunig's parents said they were stunned when they heard what happened because their daughter had once had a bright future. She was a merit scholar and could have been a concert pianist.

Kunig has been charged with second-degree vehicular homicide and driving under the influence, said police. Police told NBC 10 News that they were surprised Kunig's bail was only $6,000.

Drugs and tragedy sure have a way of finding each other, don't they?

On a side note, is that article absolutely a piece of literary crap or what? Poor grammer, punctuation, errors.... I just thought that to be strange.

not unusual for the Eastern Shore news rooms. They use a lot of interns and such. I end up laughing trying to watch the news as they put on the wrong pics with the stories or they don't realize the camera is online and they are b.sing with each other. We have a weather girl that annoys the hell out of all of us. She is such a ditz. She doesn't even point to the right spots on the map. I have given up hope for decent news coverage here.

I think a bullet properly placed is what this chick needs. People are freakin' nutz. I know people drink and drive or have accidents and panic.. BUT... how could you drive away with the person on your car for God's sake???

Remember a few years back when that sicko hit that person with their car and the person was lodged in the windshield.. ALIVE... and they kept driving!!?? The victim was STILL lodged in the windshield pleading with the driver to get help!! They parked the car at home WITH the person stuck crying for help and they just walked away and let the person die like a day later or some crazy sh*t. Stuck in their windshield!!!??? BANG!........Next!....

Abutterfly said:
I think a bullet properly placed is what this chick needs. People are freakin' nutz. I know people drink and drive or have accidents and panic.. BUT... how could you drive away with the person on your car for God's sake???

Remember a few years back when that sicko hit that person with their car and the person was lodged in the windshield.. ALIVE... and they kept driving!!?? The victim was STILL lodged in the windshield pleading with the driver to get help!! They parked the car at home WITH the person stuck crying for help and they just walked away and let the person die like a day later or some crazy sh*t. Stuck in their windshield!!!??? BANG!........Next!....

Amen, sister!! You're my kind of woman!!!!:lol:

Here is one I think is WORSE than that!!!

A few years ago a woman in Dallas hit a homeless man while she was drunk on the way home from a party sucking gin-n-juice and listening to snoop dog. The poor man was stuck in her windsheild. She drove home, undetected, and parked in her garage hiding the car. The man was still alive and died a day later!! She even admitted to responding to his repeated crys and pleadings by going into the garage and telling him how sorry she was, but she could not afford another DWI.

http://www.zone81.com/arch_news/1025662141487
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/03/09/MN231174.DTL

Take note that this was a black woman who hit a white homeless man. If none of you heard about this in the national news it was likely because the colors were not on the right people to create enough outrage.

Last edited:
We've had a similiar incident happen here just last year. Two 16 year olds were trying a gas'n dash. http://www.poe-news.com/stories.php?poeurlid=45859 The gas station attendant tried to stop them and ended up getting hit by the car. The attendant was dragged underneath the car and the kids drove for 7 1/2 kilometers with him screaming underneath it as he was dragged to his death.

I'm sure those kids got a stern talking to about how to properly escape from a robbery.

Same thing here, but it was an illegal Mexican who ran over the gas station owner. I think he only got deported.

Drugs and tragedy sure have a way of finding each other, don't they?

On a side note, is that article absolutely a piece of literary crap or what? Poor grammer, punctuation, errors.... I just thought that to be strange.

I understand that all of you are comparing other stories but hardly anyone has realized that my aunt Teresa Voiers was a wonderful person and made differences in a lot of peoples lives. This is also the 3rd child that her mother has had to bury. One of which was my mother. Also this murderer was only sentenced to 36 months in jail for this and actually had the nerve to ask the judge if she could spend that time in the state hospital!!!!!!!!! Now that is sick!!!!!!!!:cry:

thanks for sharing the bad news.
i almost went all day without getting depressed.

Teresa Voiers, the woman that Tanya hit is my mother. I am now engaged and was talking about my mother to my fiance which is how I came across this article. It kills me that my son, who will be 4 years old in March will never know his grandmother. I just hope that Tanya has pulled her life together since this happened.

Back