Help! Coolant Fan Stopped Working 1999 Grand Cherokee

waiting4snow

Any of you Jeep guys know how to fix an in-op coolant fan! It s a 1999 gr cherokee 4.0 L ...I replaced the temp sensor...oops...didnt help.....I disconected fan connector and applyed 12v directly and the fan works fine.the fuse in the power distribution block ( green 40) is good. do you know where the fan "switch " is located or does the PCM turn the fan on and off! i heard this is a common problem! any help would be appreciated!:? :?

The fan relay is right behind the right head light. We have replaced a lot of these. You have to take the whole front bumper and grill off to get to it. This is most likely your problem as long as you fan did work when you put power to it. We have had several fans quit working also. but more relays than fans.

mine was the fan, and I was having probs with it over heating even with the fan running when I was Offroad in 4Lo so now I have the Mech fan stuff coming in guess the mech and electric combo was part of the towing package on the 4.0L. will let you know how it works out.

Back