Musical Jeepers?

Saurian

So here's a quandary... Just to get to know everyone better, how many of you are involved in music in some way, either playing an instrument, writing/composing, that sort of thing... I myself play drums, played, and want to pick back up baritone, and can muddle around a piano a little bit... I also compose music, got a project right now, kind of a metal ballad, nowhere near finished, and still in it's rough stages, but I am pleased with how it's going, had the writers block for a while... This is a link to the most recent MIDI version of it, I compose on the computer, and do all my musicwriting totally by ear...

http://www.geocities.com/saurianentity/didyouoncebelievein.mid

Anyway, just wondering :) Know there must be some more music nuts on here besides me...

I've been known to play a little guitar...but I get really nervous when anyone else is around to listen to me ;). I mostly just know how to play songs from my favorite band, The Smashing Pumpkins.

Haven't played in a couple of years, but I play guitar, and have written several songs that I played on the guitar and sang. I used to sing semi-professionally, for weddings, anniversaries, funerals, etc., but also haven't done that for a couple of years. I play some piano, trumpet, french horn, drums, banjo, and violin (fiddle, actually). I am also a master at the tamborine.

I love play guitar and started to hit the local bar sceen.... small little holes in the wall... My other girlfriend is my 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom :D. I also play slide guitar, piano, drums, harmonica (very badly), mandolin, and the car's steering wheel aka: dash drumming. I've played a few places with some of the locals. My collection of guitars is:

Gibson 1978 Les Paul Custom

Fender Acoustic 12-string

Alvarez Acoustic 6-string

Fender Squire strat

-----Amplifers and Effect pedal-----

Marshall JTM60 Amplifier

Fender Frontman15 Amplifer

Morley "BadHorsie 2" Wah-wah pedal

-----Harmonicas-----
Honer Blues Harp in C, D, and A

Last edited:

I played alto saxophone all the way until my senior year in high school. I also played the clarinet and baritone sax. That's not too exciting, but I was in a stage band for 2 summers. We played a lot of dance music like Glenn Miller and stuff.

I love play guitar and started to hit the local bar sceen.... small little holes in the wall... My other girlfriend is my 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom :D. I also play slide guitar, piano, drums, harmonica (very badly), mandolin, and the car's steering wheel aka: dash drumming. I've played a few places with some of the locals. My collection of guitars is:

Gibson 1978 Les Paul Custom

Fender Acoustic 12-string

Alvarez Acoustic 6-string

Fender Squire strat

-----Amplifers and Effect pedal-----

Marshall JTM60 Amplifier

Fender Frontman15 Amplifer

Morley "BadHorsie 2" Wah-wah pedal

-----Harmonicas-----
Honer Blues Harp in C, D, and A

Great collection! I had an Avarez 6 string, and still have my Ovation 6 string accoustic/electric. Always wanted a 12 string, but just never had the money. My brother has somewhere around 15 guitars, mostly electric, including a '74 or so Les Paul. In his 30 some years of playing, he's been through several amps, mostly Fender, Gibson, Marshall. He had a ton of different effects pedals, too. I used to tease him that after he ran his guitar through all those different pedals with all their different effects, it would come out sounding just like a guitar!:lol: Now he's into building synthesizers, basically turning the synth world on it's ear with his innovations. He hasn't touched a guitar in over 10 years, and that's sad. He was the best I'd ever heard.:(

My brother has somewhere around 15 guitars, mostly electric, including a '74 or so Les Paul. In his 30 some years of playing, he's been through several amps, mostly Fender, Gibson, Marshall. He had a ton of different effects pedals, too.....

.... He hasn't touched a guitar in over 10 years, and that's sad. He was the best I'd ever heard.:(
All of mine I try to play daily/weekly but I tend to have a special place for my Les Paul (it's a 2 owner ;)) Ask yer brother if he'd be interested in selling any of them >:) ....

Here is my Les Paul:
image-missing.png

and here is my next guitar:
chij04-3.jpg

Thanks :) It's the first thing I've written in a while that I didn't come back to and decide that it was total crap, doubled the length of it last night, I think, the days are all drizzling together for me...

image-missing.png

I've since added another acoustic and one more electric in the mix. Next comes and acoustic bass, then possibly an electric violin or cello.

I picked up the cello a few months ago and I'm seriously in love with it.

I've been involved in several bands since somewhere around 1998. If I'm not taking part in playing in a band, I'm recording, producing, or being techman for a band. I'm primarily a bassist, but I am currently playing guitar for a band and actually performing for our first time public tonight. I am also the guitarist for an acoustic duo that plays parties and very small events.

I have written several pieces of music. I have been in bands that have recorded several songs. I do digital recording as a hobby. If I had a way to upload something, I'd show off some songs here. Perhaps in the next couple days I'll be able to upload something.

For now, here are some songs we made about 2 years ago, without lyrics. This stuff was recorded in a bedroom with mattress covered walls, 7 microphones taped to random objects, a 4 channel mixer, 2 dual-channel mixers, a guitar, tube amp, bass, a laptop and 3 creative minds.

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE... YEAH CLICK HERE

I did all the soundwork on those songs, shared writing parts, and I played bass.
There's about 30 more soundclips and songs I have here and there, just gotta find them here and there.

Last edited:
I'm a Piano/Trombone/Trumpet/little guitar/loud stereo/saxaphone/tuba dude. That's the way to go. Get real specialized and then you're set. Pick one and go with it...

We played our first public performance this past week. There were about 7 bands total. We definitely got the best crowd response out of all of them. I have no material yet recorded from the new band, we've only had 2 official practices. I see it being somewhat locally successful in the future though.

I forgot to mention in my previous post about another band I was helping for a while. This band is acoustic and pretty mellow. You can check them out at PUREVOLUME - LOUISTON

lemme know some opinions

Around here there is alot of music and My son Jake and I play at least a few min's a day. There is a 5 string Banjo, A 6 string, 12 string, and a four string Tenor Guitar, A style Mandolin, and a Dobro, and Paino htat get played at some point by some one most every day here. Now Jake is getting pretty dang good on most of them I can only pick a few notes and cord my way through on a few but it is a good way to sent quality time with him. AS for Musical taste I listen to all sorts of music but can not and will not listen to any shape or form of goofy advertisemsnt on the radio so I am limited to the new music I am exposed too. Mostly we do the folk and bluegrass type of stuff. Snoop Dag is still allowed here though. hehehe tug

I havent played anything in a long time, besides the dash drums. But I use to dable in the trumpet and baritone and I am a very bad guitar and piano player. But I enjoy trying.

My brother on the other hand (1997 TJ) started a production company about 3-4 years ago and shoots quite a few music videos. His company has done some smaller label stuff (i.e. Bensin (the Holiday video)) and has worked on some major videos like the new We Are Scientists video for Virgin Records.

Back