Gas Prices in your town ???

lethaldose

just curious what everybody else is paying for dino juice .... has been 2.79 here for reg ... just went down to a LOW of 2.64 LOL never thought i'd say 2bones and any change was cheap for gas haha... i used to buy it for under a buck all the time when i first started driving :roll:

Pretty much the same here, been hanging around the $2.79 mark, but Friday dropped to $2.65. When I started driving, I was paying $.59 a gallon. I can remember the days when it was $.29 a gallon.

You are aging yourself Sparky! :lol: Thats ok, I will be telling my daughter of the days when I was paying $1.43 for 94 octane. Funny thing is when we were looking at my daughters birth book, she was born on 1/6/05 and regular gas was $1.63. Now we are at $2.89. Wow what a years difference makes. Enjoy those cheaper gas rates budd. Hey, at least i found a good reason for not being able to drive yet.

haha makes me feel old too ..i think the cheapest i've ever seen it was around .79 - .89 those were the days hahah ... i havent followed the recent news hype of why gas dropped after my tv started overflowing with bullsh*t i stopped watching it LOL ... i wish it would go back under 2 bucks atleast but dont see it happening

It's down to $2.47 here in Dayton OH. I can remember (I'm dating myself) paying .19 (yes 19 cents!!) a gallon in at little town NW of Cincinnati in '71 (probably long before many of you were around). The stations there were having a price war. And now we think we're getting a great deal @ $2.50/gal.

2.72 here. My dad says he remembers a day when he could fill up for $0.34 but he was only making .75 cents an hour. Ouch! Then again he drove a motorcycle gettin close to 50 miles to the gallon. It was about $1.60ish when i started driving. That was just a little over a year ago. I think they waited for me to turn 16 and get a gas guzzlin jeep before they slammed us. I know the bubbas around school gettin 8 miles to the gallon on their trucks sure aren't happy.

$2.7699 here in the bustling metropolis of Spring Grove, PA.

Wierd thing is gas is cheaper here in PA than in Maryland where
I work, but diesel fuel is cheaper in MD. In PA Diesel is the same as the mid grade gasoline, but in MD it is cheaper than regular unleaded.

I buy gas in PA and diesel in MD. Works for me.

Last edited:

right now its $2.74 theres one place in town for 2.69 full service too not like it bothers me to pump my own gas. massachusettes* and where i go muddin is about a 30 mile trip so sometimes its not even worth going.

In Dallas area it's $2.60 to 2.70. I've pumped gas at 16 for .19 and remember the heart break when it hit $1. None of the pumps were made for three digits.

2.46 per gallon as of 10AM today:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you guys are interested you can log onto

(insertyourstatename)gasprices.com

example:

www.texasgasprices.com for you Texans and it will list the highest and lowest prices for gas or diesel in the past 3 days and the locations.

How it works is that people just like you and me register to submit the prices we see in our towns and we log in every day of so to report prices.
I used the site for Colorado and New Mexico the night before we hit the road to plan my fuel stops.

Why it works is that when you post a majic number of prices you get a fuel gift card I think, I really never read the fine print on the membership. but it must be worth it cause a bunch of people are doing it.

It's been going down the last couple days, think it's at 2.64 on the corner today here in dear old Madison Heights, Michigan... Because it got so up there, in one day, jumped from 2.75 to 3.02, I've been riding my bike to work for the last couple weeks, Jeep's been chilling in the driveway, full tank of 2.79/gallon gas (at the time, that was cheap)... I hope it stays "down" (2.anything is NOT down) next week, because I'm driving to Virginia... Last thing I need is 3.00 gas on a 12 hour drive!

WHere in VA you going? I am just 30 minutes north of the border on the Eastern Shore side if your out that way.

I've had my father-in-law's truck for a couple of months while I was hauling brush and working on the Jeep. Last week I filled it at $2.99 a gallon, both tanks, and it was a little over $100. The next day he came to pick it up......man, talk about taking a chunk out of my fuel budget!!! When I got it from him, it had less than an 1/8th of a tank in the front tank and the rear tank was bone dry! Figgers........

I filled up at $3.19 yesterday...damn hurricane price gouging. But I was up in Ocala, FL earlier that day and filled for $2.54. It was nice!

Back