48 Willys for 1,000

Reasonably salvageable, wonder what the frame looks like under the tub. Though the (relatively) nice new seats are creepy, they say that the owner wanted to fix it up but then decided they had bitten off more than they could chew

Somebody right down the street from me has one relatively similiar. He drives it on sundays. I wish he would decide one day to bestow it on me.

That one's got some work to do, but not too bad. It could be much worse. They do stand up pretty well to time.

Someone should tell that guy he doesn't need to bump that thread every 12 hours:purple:

That's a lot of work sitting there, but $1000... that's cheap. Especially since it runs/drives.

What's with that monstrosity on the hood? Is that air cleaner stock? You sure couldn't fold the windshield down.......

Yeah, I'd have to see it in person myself. I would love to have one but that thing would sit in my garage until I retired, I guess it would be a project car and I don't have time for that now. But, I guess you get what you pay for. The hood thing is beyond me, I know they made some knock off willys over in japan after MAC left some there. The transmission is different and a few other things, not very well versed on the mechanics of willys, let alone anything else. LOL

the scoop on the hood is because someone took the original flat head motor out and put a later f-head engine in it.

the scoop on the hood is because someone took the original flat head motor out and put a later f-head engine in it.

Ahhh. I kinda figured something there wasn't stock, and was pretty sure that aircleaner and the "box" on the hood weren't, but I don't know enough about those to recognize the different engine.

Back