Gladiator in 2009

redrooster

That's what was speculated in the new Petersen's I read last night.
I'll have mine with the Hemi Option please!

The last I heard they said they were NOT going to build it. At least not anytime soon. I guess 09 is not that soon so it could be. I might have to pick on up in 09

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060908/BUSINESS02/60908046
Despite raves from fans and dealers, DaimlerChrysler AG has decided not to build the Jeep Gladiator concept, a pickup that seemed like an ideal addition to Toledo Jeep Assembly’s new plant.

Although Chrysler officials deemed the Gladiator wouldn’t be profitable in the near term, the automaker hasn’t scrapped the idea, Chrysler spokesman David Barnas said yesterday.

“You can never say ‘never’ forever,” he said. “For right now, we’re not doing it.”

I think they need to come out with it before Hummer puts out their pickup. I want to see decent sales so it sticks around for a while.

I hope they will offer this in the rubicon package, or better yet a beefed up package of sorts, If they do I'll be puttin in my order! sweeettt!!

Yeah, but if they take a back burner approach Hummer will have their model out first and accuse Jeep of trying to steal from their design. (right). Hummer sucks. They are big outside, but i have read in Consumer reports that they are very cramped insde and and very unreliable from the get go. I saw one out here that a guy drove into the ocean to try to clean off the dirt, needless to say they had to have someone come pull him out.

They are big outside, but i have read in Consumer reports that they are very cramped insde...

Yup, I saw an H2 at a car show not long ago and got in for the fun of it. I was very surprised at how little room there was for me. Granted, I'm 6'6" but I thought there would be plenty of room cause it's a hummer, right? Not, I had NO headroom. I couldn't own one even if I wanted one. Which I don't. :roll:

2009!!!! I'll be a senior citizen by then -55 in '08!!:shock:

Maybe I can get a discount!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Cramped... Been in the H1? They are all cramped on the inside despite the massive exterior. When I sit in the H1 and slam the door it hits me in the kidney.

Geez. That sucks to have such a rommy exterior and be crammed like a sardine inside. I wouldn't own something that big thats that small.

Back