Finally did some good modding to my Nylint

currupt4130

VT Hokie
After owning and beating up this Nylint for about a year now I decided it need some improving. So I need a tummy tuck on it. Earlier today I had to tear apart the axles so that gave me some motivation. Anyway...

I found this shelf thing behind food lion looking for some scrap metal to use for the tummy tuck and it gave me a good idea.

image-missing.png

So I cut out a section which ironically was two squares wide and left me with bars going down each side, and cut it to fit inside my chop. I chopped about 1/4 inch above the atlas sticker or about an 1/8th below the bump stops for the blue arms (at the very bottom of where the angle hits the body)

image-missing.png

Then I set the grate up in the body and screwed it into place. I just used some screws I had from my Gen 1 thats in pieces in a box. Drilled holes with a Dremel and screwd it flush with the bottom of the cut.

image-missing.png

After that I had to deal with the battery. I've read on here that its fine to run it on its side as its sealed, so thats what I did, just layed it down. I had to cut out the shifter console all the way back just to the seats and almost all the way to the gas pedal, but it works well. Took out the dash for now and just cut up the firewall to allow the battery to sit in there. I need to secure it still, but that shouldnt be hard. I'm thinkin either zip ties or some of those screw type pipe clamps. I'm gonna skin the bottom with some kind of plastic or just use beer cans for now. Kinda nice having a sub frame there.

And this is the final product. You can see the battery barely sticks above the seat. And no, I didn't have to cut into the seat at all.

image-missing.png

I'm gonna have to score me one of those, they freakin' rule.

Dude... you need to go NITRO!!!

TMAXX, SAVAGE, etc.

I really enjoy my 45 mph Tmaxx. One of these days I'll finish the Jeep body for it :roll:

Yea, I don't have the money to get into that though, you've seen my rig on here, you know where it all goes. This is fun enough, it gets me my fix when I can't be out wheelin.

Pretty cool, I did the tummy tuck on mine a few months ago. makes it alot better. i also made a bracket to relocate the rear shocks to the middle and you can almost get the back wheels straight up and down while the front ones are still on the ground. As for holding the battery i just used a zip tie and all the wires are sticking up thru the floor board so you can just leave it in the jeep to charge it.

My body is actualy tight enough where I cut it out for the battery, that I don't even need to strap the body down. My shocks are inboarded not all the way to center in the rear, all the way in makes it too unstable for my taste.

Back