anyone read JP this month

lethaldose

just curious if everybody got their issue where they actually were talking smack about TJ's based on the new jeeps how TJ guys were so stuck on this and that .. actually tweeked my nads a lil cause they werent comparative they actuall said TJ's guys are fools this is that is thats it ... just curious if anybody else read it ... i'm gonna scan it here in a few and JPG it up in a sec

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Haven't got it yet, look foreward to checking it out though. The main reason i'm going to stick with a TJ is the money difference is too much. The performance between the YJ and the TJ made the moola worth it, but not enough difference between the JK and the TJ for me.

Though honestly i've always had a wierd flat fender fetish that defies all performance based logic, but thats for a different reason. I blame it on the Eiger Sanction among other things...

In case you don't know, the JP guys got taken to Africa on a big safari trip from Jeep to field test the new model.
Bottom line, they drank the kool-aid, gallons of it.

They defended every stupid move by DC on this Jeep like the mini-van motor replacing the low-end torque 4.0, plastic bumpers, and center mounted fuel tank while ignoring the stupid ricer size muffler that kills departure angle and the rear shock mounts that nearly drag the ground in the parking lot.

This rig was built to sell units to mall crawlers, they figure there is not enough hard core jeepers to move enough units to keep it going. They also know that hard core jeepers will just build something anyway or modify it to overcome design weeknesses.

Its about selling more vehicles to urbanites and 20 somethings.

IMHO of course.......;)

In case you don't know, the JP guys got taken to Africa on a big safari trip from Jeep to field test the new model.
Bottom line, they drank the kool-aid, gallons of it.

They defended every stupid move by DC on this Jeep like the mini-van motor replacing the low-end torque 4.0, plastic bumpers, and center mounted fuel tank while ignoring the stupid ricer size muffler that kills departure angle and the rear shock mounts that nearly drag the ground in the parking lot.

This rig was built to sell units to mall crawlers, they figure there is not enough hard core jeepers to move enough units to keep it going. They also know that hard core jeepers will just build something anyway or modify it to overcome design weeknesses.

Its about selling more vehicles to urbanites and 20 somethings.

IMHO of course.......;)

A-****ING MEN.... beautifully put ... i mean they didnt just do a compare and i have the mag that they took em to africa with ... they really slaughtered TJ's .... or any jeep really i mean they praise a nappy ass plastic fender i dont care if it gives ... if your that tight in you need something more ... i agree i think they got a nice shrimp cocktail with a few extra hundreds in it to say what they did ... any jeep knows what a jeeper knows ... i just dont see the JK busting ass over any past model

I think the wife and I will still go test drive one. Just for giggles. :purple: Then we'll get a Cherokee instead. :lol:

I hate JP, I can't stand them anymore. It's not this article, its the way they present themselves and the way they come across.

I love the mag,... and thoroughly enjoy it when they are backing up my opinions,... I guess I have to take my medicine on this one. I would still pick my TJ over any other 4 wheel drive vehicle on the market today,... and I sincerely mean that. I guess I have to be big enough to say to each their own,... now,... I have to go blow up a publishing company,... anyone know the fastest way from Portland to L.A.??? :flamethro

That whole article is pretty bad, and insults their readers while pacifying DC...

No need for a long arm kit because you can clear 35's with 3" of lift and keep the geometry in check? What kind of BS is that?!?!?!?!

Guys who pony up the cash for a long arm kit do it for the awesome articulation and sweet ride, and there's a good chance 35's would ba a bit small for their liking.

Geez, JP has got a brown nose. No wonder I quit wasting my money on that RAG a long time ago!

That whole article is pretty bad, and insults their readers while pacifying DC...

No need for a long arm kit because you can clear 35's with 3" of lift and keep the geometry in check? What kind of BS is that?!?!?!?!

Guys who pony up the cash for a long arm kit do it for the awesome articulation and sweet ride, and there's a good chance 35's would ba a bit small for their liking.

Geez, JP has got a brown nose. No wonder I quit wasting my money on that RAG a long time ago!

Come on, TC, I know you like Bree, the washed up stripper.

Yeah there's something about her that's kinda disturbing, most of her pic's make me feel creepy. I can't figure out why though. I think it's because she's too scrawney and it always looks like she's trying so hard, but can't usually pull it off. She needs to fire her photographer, thats for sure.

Come on, TC, I know you like Bree, the washed up stripper.

hahaha yeah man she really turns me on ... i mean i dig the idea of girls and cars cause they do go together nicely but i dont i know when i read an import mag or car audio i expect to see that kinda stuff but not with a die hard Jeep only mag cause the people that read it want to know what it takes and what breaks ect.... and i agree that it was very poorly written and i can tell a big diff in the attitude of the mag since my script started i dont know what the deal is but somebody needs a tissue to wipe their nose after that article :purple:

i think she looks old i mean flat out i think in alot of pics it looks like they've busted ass trying to smooth her out but she just looks str8 up old and has the "*****" look going on ... and they try to push off that she really knows her **** about jeeps and dont ask her dumb questions i'm just like WTF

Thats just another example of a few guys there at JP pushing an agenda, I haven't personaly talked to one other reader who likes that crap in a Jeep mag. About a year ago it got bad too with that kind of trash in the articles, I can remember one issue about a "wild" trail ride where they had a blow up doll with a beer bottle stuck somewhere in the front seat, and boy they thought that was funny:-|

the lifestyle they portrayed on the trail rides they covered is not for me.
I like a peaceful setting, quiet camps, no alchahol, and to just absorb nature, and enjoy my family away from outside influences for a few hours.

They have just about ruined JP for me.

I am very disappointed. I subscribed awhiel ago and just started getting my mags. I got the magazine for Jeeps not to have people asking a hard up looking woman stupid questions. I don';t care what she thinks, and if i did I'd get playboy with hot girls in it. I red the article you psted and it was definately a DC agenda. How could you love anything about a mini-van motor? They even say it doesn't have the bpottom end grunt of the 4.0 l. Well isn't the bottom end grunt what you really need to get you in and out of some places? I like the fender thing, nice for tight spaces, but i guess since its bigger it has to have them. CJ? YJ? and TJ's wouldn't have to worry about it since they are narrower. I bet one of the stock Rubicons may have some issues with the rear shocks catching on things.

Back