Stock Jeeps are Not Wimp Jeeps

Tug-n-pull

When the US Millatary needed a small can do ride they had a Jeep. They carried soliders everywhere. The people back home wanted one. Nothing has changed there. Jeeps are the best get you there for the money in the world. Right out of the box you can do things in your jeep that defies the laws of man, road, and gravity. Sometimes it is easy to get into the mind set of thinking you need things that you really just want. I am guilty on this deal. I keep reading I did not know my jeep would do that kinda stuff being stock! Smart well thought out driving when off road is better that all the High dollar tires lifts and other goodies in a Jeep Parts Book Combind. True it is fun to say I got this and that. It is fun to drive when you got all the state of the art bells and whistles on your ride. But man if your lucky enough to even own a Jeep get out there and learn to use it for what is made for. I know you need to make your Jeep your Jeep! I am going to have it all when my rich Uncle died!
image-missing.png
But for now I will just go every where My little Jeep will take me and get stuck and dig it out and go a litlle further on up the trail. Use your Jeep Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

just take for example our recent trip to paragon... 3 inches of solid ice and me and rob with stock tires! what a blast![addsig]

Just look at my quote..........even though I am going a little higher, and getting tires, there is nothing I wouldn't at least try to get by in my Jeep (within reason of course). You just have to know the limits of your ride(a stock Jeep is NOT going to conquor Mount Everist), and your own abilities as a driver. Play it smart, know what your Jeep can do, and know what you can do. Yes, Dingus and I had fun on the ice, but we also knew our limits, took our time, and got out a lot to take a look at our next obstacle. These things, combined with good spotters, will enable you to take your Jeep stock or not, through just about anything(again within reason) you throw at it. Last, but most definatly not the least, is no matter what you do, or what you try, make sure you do it SAFELY. It's all about having fun and enjoying what we're so lucky to have, but it's no fun takin someone to the hospital , or towing a vapor locked ride back to the road because they didn't think. Look for your line before you start a trail, check out a new trail from bottom to top before you go flying throught it. This might mean you may even have to GET OUT of your Jeep to do it lol Safety HAS to come first, even before fun. I NEVER go riding alone. I always have at least one other vehicle. I like to have someone who has been on the trail before if I can. Share your trails with someone else, and they'll share thiers with you. Always try to set it up so even if you don't have all the trail toys, people in your group do. This past weekend, for example, my Jeep is stock....off the showroom floor, but I made sure people in our group had neccessary items. Recovery straps, winch, high lift jacks, all had CB's (very important, inexpensive item should be a must for everyone on the trails, even a plug in hand held). We all felt a little more comfortable knowing that in a worst case scenareo(me, getting stuck climbing a hill lol) we had a way out. Take your time. There's no need to rush. Enjoy your Jeep, and the adventure your having. Take the time to "stop and smell the roses." lol One other thing I've picked up along the way, is that those of us who wheel, aren't all Jeepers, and The "other guys" are also very helpfull. Don't be afriad to go wheeling with someone because they have a Ford or Chevy, in the end, we're all one big happy family(just some of us are distant cousins lol) I know I get off on these rants sometimes, but I never really read a post on safety in any board. If you all have things to point out that I may have missed feel free to post them, and maybe we'll all learn something new Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Dang Smoke you got a bigger Soap Box than I do lol. I was all felling kinda long winded and you must of felt my pain cause you did good and I feel better! Safty and Fun can be shared in the same time frame. I am really glad you made this point and I just hope it gets read and read again. There is a great bunch of folk here on this site and I am glad to have gotten to know some of your views. Thanks Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Tug - a little Military history - Eisenhower was quoted as saying that the Jeep was the most important weapon in the war. Bottom line...enjoy what you have, and be safe while doing it...talking about Jeeps here.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back