New Jeeps

mcbalmer

Just curious what y'all think bout da new jeeps? Went in to see em and almost took one out for a test drive.............woulda been torture... anyway, what do y'all think bout em?

me and my local jeeper buddies have talked about this too ... and were just not a big fan of em ... i havent went and looked in person , but just from what i've read and the way they look doesnt appeal to me... along with all the articles praising it to high heaven in magizines it just smells funny to me ... i think a jeep should stay a jeep , short , stubby and ready to crawl

Just curious what y'all think bout da new jeeps? Went in to see em and almost took one out for a test drive.............woulda been torture... anyway, what do y'all think bout em?

I think if you'll do a search, you'll find a lot of opinions..............recently.

i think a jeep should stay a jeep , short , stubby and ready to crawl

Just so you know, most buggies are running a wheel base around 103-112ish (these are just the most recent numbers I've been hearing). The 95" wheel base of the TJ's and YJ's is usually too short for serious crawling. Just FYI.

Just so you know, most buggies are running a wheel base around 103-112ish (these are just the most recent numbers I've been hearing). The 95" wheel base of the TJ's and YJ's is usually too short for serious crawling. Just FYI.

Ya beat me to it.

I imagine they will grow on you. We all screamed and yelled when they quit making the CJs, then threw a fit when they went to coil springs..

I have read some pretty good things about the new ones, although I haven't actually been closer than next to one driving down the street.

I have to keep my 99 TJ for another ten years or so to be able to afford what new vehicles cost these days.. :cry:

I've seen the 4 door models at the dealership and i don't like them but a 2 door X came through drive-through the other day and i was impressed. The 2 doors look good but this one was just a little too clean for my standards.

Now now remember currupt, rock crawling isn't the only type of Jeepin' there is. ;)

Naw, I know, but he did say crawlin...

Now, I've been crawlin' for nigh on to 20 years, an' I ain't see'd no 112" wheelbase Jeeps. Closest thang I see'd was mebbe in fronta da Gap, doin' a speed bump at idle......

.....oh, you weren't talking about mall crawling?:redface:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The new wranglers are quite a bit wider too. I checked out an 07 a couple weeks ago. Aside from the week little fog lights built into the front bumper it didnt look too bad. I was shocked when I say it had POWER WINDOWS!!!! come on now.

The only thing I don't like about them is the midship gas tank. I was at a dealer the other day and looked under a 2 door, the tank is on the pass. side in the middle of the jeep. And what's where the tank used to be? NOTHING. What's the reason for moving it? Who knows. But now that new tank placement will be in the way of putting a long arm on it. Other than that I llike em, I'll get one, and make my YJ a trailer queen.

Safety? Most of us drive lifted jeeps with no tops or doors! Who needs safety anyway.

Heres a shot of one that a guy in our local club uses as an avatar, unfortunately theres a lot of crap in the way of the Jeep.
image-missing.png

Safety? Most of us drive lifted jeeps with no tops or doors! Who needs safety anyway.

Dont tell me, tell the federal government. I'm sure they were involved somehow. Kinda like why my 03 has all kinds of plastic crap around the inside of the windshield and a whole lot thicker roll bar padding.

Back