Jeep Trailhawk

southtj

Perfect for cruisin the mall. :roll:

cn007_002jp_1280_450-1.jpg

Article here http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/28/jeep-trailhawk-concept-arrives-ahead-of-detroit-show/

A lot more pictures here. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/jeep-trailhawk-concept/

I'm not offended by the looks I think it actually looks kinda sharp but did we really need this? I guess this is to fit in with the new trend of "station wagons". From the looks of it I'd never fit in it anyway. At 6'6" it's pretty tough to find something with enough headroom.

To contridict my earlier responses to Jeep's new line of vehicles I gotta say...

When I bought my latest Jeep I looked over the Compass pretty well. I think that the model you posted and cars like the compass will give the US automakers a chance for competition with Subaru and other AWD cars/wagons.

For $19K you can get a nicely equipped AWD Compass and get 26 mpg. They also have a "4WD lock" feature for "light offroading". That probably just amounts to shallow mud but it is nice to see DC offerring some alternative to the Subaru... there really hasn't been one since the AMC Eagle.

I watched them sell 2 Compasses while I was haggling down the sales manager :)

Wow, I actually think that looks cool as hell!

But more importantly, I just realized South changed his screen name. When did this happen, and why no 442?

Wow, I actually think that looks cool as hell!

But more importantly, I just realized South changed his screen name. When did this happen, and why no 442?

Terry changed it just before Christmas. Well I joined here and created the screen name before I had a Jeep and I still had my 442 hence the "south442" that I also used in some other forums. I sold the 442 to buy the Jeep and just figured that after 3 years it was time to let it go. I miss the 442 but love the Jeep. A lot less maintenance. :D

It's basically a Chrysler Pacifica with an open rear and 7-slot grill and 4wd thrown under it. But....I agree with Mingez, I kinda like it for some reason.

Also, I'm glad to see Jeep putting out something to compete with the yuppy SUV market. How many of you here have gone from young die-hard Jeepers with your CJ's, YJ's, and TJ's, into older, family-types who are looking to stick with the Jeep name yet get into something more practical? It's a good move for Jeep, IMO.

If they are going to put 22's and Z rated tires on there then it needs an RT option with a Blown Hemi. Something about that setup doesn't work with a 215 hp diesel.

If they are going to put 22's and Z rated tires on there then it needs an RT option with a Blown Hemi. Something about that setup doesn't work with a 215 hp diesel.

yeah i agree it looks to sporty to be a 4wd even though diesels can cranked the ponies a blown hemi would be just the excess we in America are used too LoL

So, the Trailhawk is just a way for them to test out some sheetmetal for the next Cherokee? Could be.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4210550.html?nav=RSS20

But our DaimlerChrysler buddy said, “You know how the Gladiator Concept previewed the sheetmetal the all-new 2007 Wrangler from the A-pillar forward? Well, you can expect the Trailhawk to follow the same strategy with another new Jeep.”

When we asked, “Cherokee?” He just smiled.

I like it, looks sweet... It would be stupid for DC to make vehicles that are just shy of an offroad machine, this looks like it would compete pretty well with some Audis and other AWD cars. I would buy one for a daily driver, only if I can keep my Real trail rig.

Ooooo, I wonder what this thing would look like lifted....

Back