The OFFICIAL Random thread

Hey, Mingez, you forgot about Poker!!!! Now, THERE'S an exhausting, physically demanding "sport"!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always wondered why the "ESPN's" (the OCHO!!!) are loaded with Poker tournaments........I always thought gambling was something you did on sports, not a sport itself!?!?!

Haha, yeah. Don't get me wrong, Baseball takes an immense amount of skill, I just personally think that the more physical a sport is, the more OF a sport it is.

Poker...OCHO...LOL. You kill me Mud. :lol:

I like your way of thinking..................sorry about your sharks!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thanks. The Sharks have so much talent, and are always killer during the regular season, but they just can't get over the hump. They've made it as far as the Western Conf. Finals, but no Finals. (And right afterwards, there was the strike year, that really hurt them)

The Wings are ridiculous. Probably my 2nd favorite team. I always have rooted for them when the Sharks aren't in it. And it sure looks like my "Wings in 4 prediction" is a good one right about now. Their puck control is silly!

Yeah, the Sharks sound like the Wings have been the last few years...........killer during the season (always contending for/winning the President's Cup) and then getting knocked out first or second round. But this year, the Wings seem to be clicking.......Zetterberg's my favorite guy - does it all! Unfortunately, living here in the hell known as "Southern Louisiana", we don't get to watch any hockey (tonight on the "usual" Stars channel (Fox Sports South or some such), they showed the LSU spring scrimmage :( :( :( ). Thank God for streaming radio on the web!!!!

3-0!!! Here we go!!!!!

Yeah, the Sharks sound like the Wings have been the last few years...........killer during the season (always contending for/winning the President's Cup) and then getting knocked out first or second round. But this year, the Wings seem to be clicking.......Zetterberg's my favorite guy - does it all! Unfortunately, living here in the hell known as "Southern Louisiana", we don't get to watch any hockey (tonight on the "usual" Stars channel (Fox Sports South or some such), they showed the LSU spring scrimmage :( :( :( ). Thank God for streaming radio on the web!!!!

3-0!!! Here we go!!!!!

Don't you have cable? It's all on Versus.

I'll do you a solid. You can actually watch the games on the internet. Here's the site: Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing It's in low-res, and sometimes the links they give you don't work, so it's frustrating. But that's only happened twice since i've gone there.

It's kind of like watching an entire game on youtube, but it's still better than JUST audio. And, it's slightly better than youtube in quality. You DO need a high speed connection of some kind.

As for Red Wing players...what the hell is up with that Franzen guy? Crimeny, did he make some kind of pact with the Devil? Jeebus! He's been unreal.

I'll do you a solid. You can actually watch the games on the internet. Here's the site: Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing It's in low-res, and sometimes the links they give you don't work, so it's frustrating. But that's only happened twice since i've gone there.

It's kind of like watching an entire game on youtube, but it's still better than JUST audio. And, it's slightly better than youtube in quality. You DO need a high speed connection of some kind.

As for Red Wing players...what the hell is up with that Franzen guy? Crimeny, did he make some kind of pact with the Devil? Jeebus! He's been unreal.

Yeah, we've got cable.............but this IS Southern Louisiana..............not exactly like the rest of the world (Think "50's"!!!). We have "Trust Cable" out of somewhere in Mississippi. Granted, it's cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. We're thinking Satellite before next hockey season. But, hey, thanx much for that link!!!!! Wednesday night we're givin' 'er a try!!!!! We're on DSL so it's not TOO bad.......watched my old high school win the Ohio State Div. IV Basketball title on streaming video (sites were frustrating also, but finally got a good one the second half). Now I'm REALLY lookin' forward to Wednesday!!!! It'd be a great surprise for mudwoman, too!!!

And, yeah, Franzen..........the "MULE".........unreal!!!

I wanna know why I have to "press 1" for "English" when I call anywhere and get an automated phone system?! :x
I live here in the US and I happen to speak English which is our official language. I think you should have to "press 1" for Espanol or any OTHER language.
Why do I have to be inconvenienced? Am I right or am I right?? If I resided in Mexico would I be asked to "prensa uno" for Espanol? No I would not. It's ridiculous.

I wanna know why I have to "press 1" for "English" when I call anywhere and get an automated phone system?! :x
I live here in the US and I happen to speak English which is our official language. I think you should have to "press 1" for Espanol or any OTHER language.
Why do I have to be inconvenienced? Am I right or am I right?? If I resided in Mexico would I be asked to "prensa uno" for Espanol? No I would not. It's ridiculous.

I used to complain about that. But I talked to a guy who deals with that stuff, and they still have to give the NON-toned rotary phones a way to hold the line. And instead of saying "For English Speakers without a Rotary phone" They just say "For English, press 1".

It's still annoying tho.

funnily enough arapahoe apache , sioux used to be official too:bomb:

Mingez, can't thank you enough for that link!!!!! This is way TOO COOL!!! Kickin' myself because I didn't find it earlier in the season - I'm usually a pretty good web surfer findin' the things I want. 0-0, end of 1st period, game 4............Zetterberg amazes me!! Thanx again!!

Mingez, can't thank you enough for that link!!!!! This is way TOO COOL!!! Kickin' myself because I didn't find it earlier in the season - I'm usually a pretty good web surfer findin' the things I want. 0-0, end of 1st period, game 4............Zetterberg amazes me!! Thanx again!!

Any time.

Stupid Stars. I'm rooting for you guys...that first goal WAS A GOAL. BS call. He was NOT in the crease.

Just close it out at home.

Go Wings, then go Sid the Kid in the finals.

Does anyone have an older parent whose behavior is so foul that it totally embarrasses you? Now don't get me wrong, I love my dad dearly but since he had his stroke back in August.. his behavior has been very embarrassing.
Now you have to know that my dad comes from a long line of hillybilly gar-bage. I am serious. I guess that means that I do as well! HA! :mrgreen:

Anyway, we are waiting way too long in the waiting room the other day at the doctor. Dad is getting irritated. He starts reading things on the wall... like a list of gadgets and creams and whatnot you can buy in the office. Now, a backnobber is a little plastic device that you can rub your own back with... and my dad says really loud.. What the H*** is that stuff??! I explained the backnobber is to rub the knots out of your own back... he then asks VERY loudly "Well then what is a Jacknobber??!!!!"

You already know where this is going , right? He again announces to everyone "What is a JACKNOBBER!? Something for your D---!!!??! HAHAHAH! Yeah, man, I want one of THOSE before I leave here!! HAHAHAHAH"

I almost fainted FLAT out right there! He laughed like a wildman.. thot he was very funny. I could feel the blood draining from my face and I think the Amish woman beside us slithered off her chair like Bugs Bunny used to , she actually liquified.
I didn't know if I should turn my head toward the wall and laugh hysterically or if I should cry. I tried to change the subject right away.. distract him. Once he gets on a roll... it gets very out of control.

Later the Pope came on the tv and he starts ranting about him... says he doesn't know why everyone raves over him.. he's a fake... a phony... he's not the REAL right hand man.. HA HA HA HA HAHA!!! Again, amusing himself.

Dear Lord.... I then added that I can't figure out why the Pope rides in that bullet proof Pope mobile... doesn't show much faith in God if you have to have bullet proof glass in your mobile, now does it?? Hmmmm?

We waited for a total of 1.5 hours in the waiting area while I tried to distract him and entertain him like you would a child. When we finally got called back he promptly announced to everyone in the waiting room that he was going to "ram his cane up the doctor's A--" when he got back there.....It was funny, but it wasn't. You just can't encourage him... others in there just don't appreciate our "style" of humor... HA!!! I was hoping I would evaporate.. it didn't happen.

Ya gotta love yer parents.. no matter what!!

Hahah I figure I put my parents through enough stuff now a days, that I'll deal with theirs in a few years, without much of a complaint. Or so I'm thinking right now. Even though at times I just can't deal with my mom.

You will be in his shoes, one day, abutterfly!

Parents always find a way to embarrass you, especially when you are a kid. I know mine sure did.

Payback is a BIG biatch!!!!!! Trust me, I'm going through it now. All the garbage I put my old man through (God rest his soul) is comin' back to haunt me in spades!!!!!! Such is life. Definitely beats the alternative!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Bring out yer dead!"
HolyGrail004-1.jpg

Back