The OFFICIAL Random thread

Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I also believe Tron was another?

How did I do, Mingez?

[nitpick]

It wasn't "said" in either one of those movies. The words were shown on signs hanging on walls. :rolleyes:

And I'm going to take issue with "Army of Darkness" as well. He never said it correctly.
From Wikipedia
In the film Army of Darkness, the third installment of the Evil Dead trilogy, Ash has to speak similar words in order to retrieve the Necronomicon. He fails to remember it properly ("Klaatu. .. Verada. .. Necktie...Nectar...Nickel...It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word") When he cannot recall what the word is, he attempts to fool the Necronomicon by speaking "Klaatu Verada N-" and then coughing and thus awakens a horde of malicious Deadites. The ending that was chosen for the final edit of the film has him speaking the words again after consuming a potion, allowing him to return to his era. The words were altered from their original use, because of confusion about what they actually were in The Day The Earth Stood Still.

[/end nitpick]

[nitpick]

It wasn't "said" in either one of those movies. The words were shown on signs hanging on walls. :rolleyes:

And I'm going to take issue with "Army of Darkness" as well. He never said it correctly.
From Wikipedia

[/end nitpick]
If you had seen the movie, you wouldn't have posted that. You'd have understood more clearly that the writers put that mess up in the script on purpose. Him messing up the words WAS the point! It's the reason the scene is funny.

BUT the wizard who have him the instructions on what to say DID say all of the words. And he interrupts the wizard and says, "I know your words old man!"

Later when he finally arrives at the book, he forgets the last word "Nicto" which is the point. It's the joke of the scene. But the Wizard DID give him the correct words...Sam Raimi put that in there as an homage to the original movie.

Here's the scene where Ash is getting instructions from the Wizard, at 3:48:

Here's the scene, AT 6:15, he's trying to remember the words to no avail:

So take that South.

If you had seen the movie, you wouldn't have posted that. You'd have understood more clearly that the writers put that mess up in the script on purpose. Him messing up the words WAS the point! It's the reason the scene is funny...

So take that South.

Doh :redface: That's what I get for relying on Wikipedia. I haven't seen the movie but after watching the clips it looks like I need to.

Doh :redface: That's what I get for relying on Wikipedia. I haven't seen the movie but after watching the clips it looks like I need to.

Hahaha, you know I'm just razzin' ya!

But I will say this! If you haven't seen the movie, I may have to take your man-card!

JK.

It's a cult classic, just know that it's intentionally low-budget and cheezy. Start with Evil Dead 2 (as Evil Dead 1 is actually trying to take itself seriously) Evil Dead 2 is where the movie is meant more as a campy, comedy/horror. And the Army of Darkness of course, wraps up the story.

It's so prolific, there's even an off-broadway musical now!
Home Page | Evil Dead The Musical

Sweet!! I love the Evil Dead movies! Bruce Campbell played the perfect role! Dang, I'm gonna have to go watch them now. lol

Weather rocket kills man and blows up his body at cremation

A Chinese man originally thought to have been struck by lightning was in fact killed by a small weather rocket whose existence was only discovered when his body exploded during his cremation.

By Richard Spencer in Beijing
Last Updated: 10:38PM GMT 16 Dec 2008

The body of Wang Diange, from the Chinese province of Inner Mongolia, was found in the wreckage of a house where he had been overseeing the wake of a previous family funeral, after mourners felt a loud explosion which took off half the roof.

As it was raining and thundery, they decided that the house, and Mr Wang in particular, had been struck by lightning. The police came to the same conclusion.

Further inquiries were made a few days later after Mr Wang's own funeral. As his body was being put into the cremation chamber, it blew up spectacularly, bursting the doors off the oven.

When the fire had been put out, the only clue as to what had happened was a small twisted piece of metal, which seemed to be the glowing remnants of a screw.

At first, local metallurgists were unable to determine what it was, though they noted it bore a military serial number. After a lengthy investigation, however, it was suggested it might be part of a shell casing.

Inquiries revealed that the rainfall on the day of the original disaster was triggered by the local weather bureau, which had been firing shells into the atmosphere to break up hail in order to protect the local tobacco crop.

Inside the shells were silver iodide, a chemical that helps to break up hail into rain.

Their own investigators concluded that one shell must have failed to explode, hit the house, and lodged in Mr Wang's body. There it passed unnoticed because of his extensive injuries, according to local newspaper reports.

As a result, and three years after Mr Wang died, his family have now received 80,000 yuan (£8,000) in compensation from the weather bureau.

There once was a Jeep from Sandusty
Whose tub was all beat up and crusty
Though he filled in the cracks
With bondo and wax
It remained awefully rusty but trusty.

This thread is being used as much as it should. I just watched seven pounds, it was good. I think people on this forum should search before they post. Sick of seeing the same thread about tire sizes and what size lift. i went snowboarding for the first time last week, it was awesome. i hate when you nap too long during the day and cant sleep till late at night. i have to work tomorrow and the holiday down time is over, its gonna suck. random enough?

To properly cut, skin,and cook frog legs, one must be skilled with a fillet or equally sharp knife and not be effected by blood or other possibly nauseating substances.

First, one has to make sure the frog is immobile by breaking the frog's legs, stabbing the frog in the head repeatedly, or one's secret preference.

Secondly, take the chosen knife and feel the frog's leg, finding the joint in which the leg is connected. Just behind the joint, take the knife and carefully cut through the bone and tendons. The leg will "twitch", however, do not be alarmed. This may take a few moments, for the skin can be very tricky to completely separate.

After the leg is clearly amputated from the smallish amphibian, using one's fingers, peal back the skin. The skin will invert and pull off the leg revealing the true white meat.

Then, when the leg is skinned, find the joint in which the frog "foot" is connected to the leg, and cut it off.
Lastly, take the leg/s to either a plastic bag with a salty solution or the frying pan with vinegar and a touch of garlic.
Enjoy :beer:

Subject: It Pays To Pay Attention
The Dead Cow and Vet School .

First-year students at Texas A&M's Vet school
were receiving their
first anatomy class, with a real dead cow.

They all gathered around the surgery table with
the body covered with
a white sheet. The professor started the class by
telling them, 'In
Veterinary Medicine it is necessary to have two
important qualities as
a doctor: The first is that you not be disgusted
by anything involving
the animal body.' For an example, the Professor
pulled back the sheet,
stuck his finger in the butt of the dead cow,
withdrew it and stuck