The OFFICIAL Random thread

At least you have a brake on yours. You should see some of the guys around here trying to stop their fixies with no brakes. Too funny. I am on the other end of the spectrum from the wannabe urban hipsters so I'm still not sure about riding fixed. I'll probably use a flip flop hub so I can ride regular single speed if I can't hack the fixed.

It's weird at first. I wasn't exactly a century rider (as it sounds like you are) and was more into trick riding on my MTB. So, the feeling of not being able to coast was crazy disconcerting. I mostly commute, and go to a local park here and attempt some tricks with other fixie riders. I got into fixed gear riding when i was in SF. (As you know the most legendary of fixed gear messengers come from there)

I have a flip flop, thinking i'd want to flip and ride SS, but I never have wanted to do so. With the brake, it's unnecessary.

To all: When watching the vids, keep in mind that the gears are fixed, so, to stop or skid, they must push back on the pedals and put weight on the front end of the bike. There are no breaks...no skid breaks...no hand breaks...so you're either pedaling or not, there is no coasting.
I've had some friends look at the vids and say "So what? They're skidding and sitting on their front handlebars...and what's with the pedal tricks." Then I explain that they're fixed, and explain the implications of that...and they understand. It's really difficult.
[YT="Mash SF"]VTEWIiFPDN4[/YT]
[YT="Macaframa SF"]F0AFpq6jFok[/YT]

I've placed the order and by the end of next week I'll be riding on carbon goodness. Oh yeah. 8) It was tough to convince the wife that I needed a fourth bike but I finally succeeded.

If anyone asks how many bikes I really need, the answer is always one more.
1074d1204062897-official-random-thread-feltz35.jpg

I can't really tell.... is that a Roadmaster or a
Huffy?

Mingez, how long have you had your dog? We also have a Westie. We just got a Lab, Chow, etc. mix puppy, too.

Cool! I've had her for about 4 years...she was a stray that my friend Melissa found. Tags, but no contact info, humane society and local pound had no info on her owners whereabouts that were current. I put an ad in Craigslist.

So, I took her because Melissa's apartment complex didn't allow dogs.

She was about 3 or 4 when we found her, so she's 7 or 8ish.

right now the Democrats have a choice

either vote for a boob with two nuts ......

or

a nut with two boobs:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

when the munchys kick in I prefer yellow bingles over twinkies they are softer also the red velvet ones friggin rock!!!!! also my local winn dixe sells then 2 for $5.00 ! Its hands down the better value compared to hostess brand!!! plus the thought of a redneck twinkie with a cowboy hat and laso chasing me and trying to:mrgreen:* tie me up kinda freaks me out!! but thats just me talkin!!!!:mrgreen:

Back