The OFFICIAL Random thread

I most certainly do. It brews coffee at 4am during the week (I'm a real early riser when I have to work). I don't set it on the weekends, I just get the pot all ready to go the night before and turn it on when I wake.

On another note, have you the insulated carafe? We love it. No heating element, and very kid safe. That and the coffee stays hot and fresh for hours.

Yuppers, I've got the karafe. I love it, too! I can take it with me into the office while I'm reading the news, my email, and Jeepz, and don't have to keep running back to the other end of the house for more java.

I usually get up on the weekends around 6 am, just to keep in the habit of getting up between 3:30 and 4am on the weekdays, so I still set the timer on the javajug on the weekends.

Thermal carafe rocks... You wake up, and there is magically hot coffee... Not only that, but it stays hot till you get home from work :)

Yup, and I can't stand the taste or smell of coffee that's been on a burner for more than 20 minutes! UCK!

Well considering it was really 3:00 am when I woke up this morning today has dragged for me too.

Well there's always more coffee...

!@#$%^&*( daylight savings time. I hate leaving for work when its dark, even when I am leaving at the last possible moment.

I've still only changed about 2 out of our 5 or so clocks..
You should bill the government for the amount of time you spend changing the time.

You should bill the government for the amount of time you spend changing the time.

Neither of my atomic clocks nor my computer will update the time. Last year I bought an alarm clock that is pre-programmed to automatically adjust for daylight savings time....now it's obsolete. I have to manually set it for the next time zone over 4 times a year, instead of never having to set it at all. It's all automatic, as soon as you plug it in, it goes directly to the correct time, date, and year. Even when the power goes off, it automatically resets itself, and doesn't take batteries. I used to have one of those battery back-up clocks, but after the first six months, the battery wore out and I never bothered to change it.

The Electric Citicar:
image-missing.png

you think thats bad, We didn't have to change the clock in the back of the ambulance, it has been 1 hour off since last fall cause no one bothered to get a screwdriver out and change it, only thing we use it for was to watch the second hand when doing respirations or heart rate, other then that we knew to add an hour :)

you think thats bad, We didn't have to change the clock in the back of the ambulance, it has been 1 hour off since last fall cause no one bothered to get a screwdriver out and change it, only thing we use it for was to watch the second hand when doing respirations or heart rate, other then that we knew to add an hour :)

Several years ago, our ambulance got a citation from the state BEMS because the clock in the back was an hour off. They did the annual inspection the Monday after daylight savings time and nobody had gotten a chance to change it yet!:shock: We never really used it at all, anyway, but the inspector said that it could lead to "errors in medication, transport, and documentation". What a crock. :roll:

You do not need my joys, I say,
Home, love, and friends united --
I beg you turn and go the way
Where wrong waits to be righted;
Or pause, and let us chat a while:
I'll listen -- not too near you,
For oh! no matter how you smile,
I fear you, Time, I fear you!

two words

If you read this you have way too much time on your hands. I had to do this to the above post because it said I had to post at least two words and the quoted text didn't count. Whatever.

that does remind me of a story a Christian missionary to a very remote area of South America told once.
He arrived in a village and the natives befriended him. They asked about his western clothes and his fancy watch. He said the watch told the time. They really didn't have the concept. He went on to explain that the watch told him when it was time to get up, eat lunch, etc. etc..

One of the village leaders, in so many words told him, why don't you just throw that thing away and do what you want to?

I envy that mindset.

that does remind me of a story a Christian missionary to a very remote area of South America told once.
He arrived in a village and the natives befriended him. They asked about his western clothes and his fancy watch. He said the watch told the time. They really didn't have the concept. He went on to explain that the watch told him when it was time to get up, eat lunch, etc. etc..

One of the village leaders, in so many words told him, why don't you just throw that thing away and do what you want to?

I envy that mindset.

I've got a friend that lives by that mindset. He's an old mennonite farmboy that grew up in the real world. It didn't change him, though. So, one year I made him a clock. It was a beautiful piece of walnut from our farm, with about 15 coats of poly on it, buffed to a mirror shine. I mounted the motor in the back and attached the hands, but all of the brass numbers are in a pile at the bottom of the clock on a small border. Above the hands, in the same fancy brass letters, it says, "Who Cares?"

:lol:

Back