The OFFICIAL Random thread

bump

My gosh, a fella goes camping for a few days and you all let the "random" thread drop way down, oh the shame;)

Just saw "300" and realize that I need to get into the gym more. There's no way in HELL my girlfriend's watching that movie with all the 6 packs walking around.

Oh, and it's an awesome movie.

Quick true story,Guy becomes a prolific prankster in college, especially "wedding pranks". He finally gets married. after pranking all his buddies he went to school with, he and his new bride were sure it was their turn for the prank. wedding happens, every thing smooth. they get to hotel check in, he looks through the closets and bathroom,every thing cool. Mean while two college buddies under the bed planning to jump out before long.In their words " the couples clothes hit the floor so fast we didnt have time to jump out" Needless to say the buddies had to endure a hot, steamy night of nuptual consumation over head. next day said buddies jump out and give man and wife a salute and take off. True story I know people connected to events.:twisted:

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the policeman's credibility....

Q: "Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?"

A: "No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away."

Q: "Officer -- who provided this description?"

A: "The officer who responded to the scene."

Q: "A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?"

A: "Yes, sir. With my life."

Q: "With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?"

A: "Yes sir, we do!"

Q: "And do you have a locker in the room?"

A: "Yes sir, I do."

Q: "And do you have a lock on your locker?"

A: "Yes sir."

Q: "Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?"

A: "You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spring has sprung on the plains. Here are a couple of shots of one of the HOA's I manage:

Spring1-1.jpg

Spring2-2.jpg

It's like that for a whole mile, winding along through the neighborhood.8)

Here's the J10 of one of my customers. He bought it a couple of years ago bone stock with 180,000 miles on it for $1100. He put on the lift, and has done a couple other things to it, with more on the way:

J101-1.jpg

J102-2.jpg

It's got a little rust, but not too bad. I like the J10 in a stepside like that! I told him about Jeepz.com, so maybe he'll join up. He's looking for a place to buy cheap parts for it, he says they're really hard to find. It has/had two fuel tanks, but the rear tank split, so he took it out and is trying to find a replacement for it. It has the D44 front and D20 rear with the 360 motor and power everything.8)

It's 36 in this morning in Michigan with a high of 62, and 75 on Monday.

58 here, high of 76 today with a chance of thunderboomers again. We've had upper 70's all week, and thunderboomers every day since last weekend.8)

I mowed my lawn for the first time this year yesterday! :shock: Last week, it was dead, brown, and all mashed down from the snows this winter. Then we got rain about every day this week, and it was standing 6-8" tall, and almost too thick to cut!:shock:

Our mowing season is slated to start in about 3 weeks, once the city stops being underwater, and things dry out a little bit. 52 years ago, this city was just a part of Royal Oak Township, the reason that it's didn't become a part of the City of Royal Oak is because it's the swampy part that nobody wanted. Most grass is waterlogged till at least mid May. Keeps things interesting...

Here's some pics from last weekend's trip to the lake. The first three are of a giant sandbar that stuck out into the lake about 200yds. It looked like a big mushroom, or maybe a lollipop:

SandBar1-1.jpg

The winds were howling about 35-40mph, and I was shooting with a 70-230mm zoom without a tripod, so this pic is a bit blurry. It's taken from the tip of the sand bar. Behind me, it continued out another 100 feet or so as intermittent strips of sand that were about a foot wide, but too soft to walk on without sinking to my knees:

SandBar2-1.jpg

Of course I had to drive the Jeep out there! Duh!?! Who wouldn't?:D

SandBar3-1.jpg

I watched these guys for about half an hour. Man, they could get some awesome air!!:shock:

ParaSki-2.jpg

8)

Well its in the mid 40's this morning with the high to reach 70 or so...I really want to take my top off and drive around topless...but weather casters have waved there magic bones...done a dance or two and are predicting rain by Monday night and Tuesday turning to snow by Wednesday ....

Back