The OFFICIAL Random thread

I love this place. Dentures on the table , cold beer, zz top in the background. And I educate meself here. Life Is Good

i cannot wait till this cloudy crappy looking weather goes away. i have stuff to do that requires me knowing its not going to rain

man, signed up for bike rides out of town tomorrow and next week but sure enough, now they are showing rain for tomorrow's ride. its a two hour drive to get to the event and 45 bucks was the cost to sign up. i hate how the rain just comes out of nowhere this time of year. probably the same thing will happen for next weekend's ride.

fire starter reciepe ! Find a hemlock tree thit has had wounds on it and is secreting sap to heal those wounds. You can spot what you need from a distance cause it well show white on the tree . Ok, you all happy now, got a mission. get a quart container, gloves cause it's sticky. A putty knife and get a quart of that pine pitch { sap} . You heat that up in a hub cap or anything like that. Keep low flame the stuff is very flameable, It well turn into a liquid. Once liquified, got to yur fire pit and get cold coals from there and mix it in with the sap, Making gravy baby. Once mixed, remove from heat. Have large metal spoon to ladel this witches brew into small paper cups. Let harden over night . The things are great, I canlight one and it well burn all the way down a snow bank, Lasts about 20 minutes. It puts the fire starters from the store to shame. But dont use them in your woodstove.

Last edited:

I don't even know what a hemlock looks like. I thought that was poisonous

Any pine tree, look for the sap. The poisonus kind I believe is the ones in the holy land. dont know there strain. But the ones here in north america you can slap it on a wound of your body , its an anti bacterial thing. To the best of my understanding.

When applied it is like a varnish, but when it gets warm it softens. Oh yeah the firestarters, you can dip them in water, drie it off ,light it you is good to go.

pine firestarters, Place it on top of kindleing wood, cause as it burns and heats up it melts spreading the flame.

I was unemployed and had to research how to be a survivor. The firestarters was supposed to be glue, failure ,disiastor. but then a light bulb went on.

Interesting about the pine stuff. I guess if I didn't grow up in the city, I might know about that kind of stuff. Sometimes I wonder about it but I hardly even know what kinds of trees I have in my yard.

Image1650782508.447531.jpg
This is the poisonous hemlock plant. The root looks like a white carrot.

Image1650782610.852632.jpg
This is the tree. Not poisonous but not eatable. Soft short needles and tiny nickel size pinecones.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Exotic Animals collecting is the 4th most expensive hobby.

Those white flowers look like ones that grow all over the place

yeah, huh, but that plant has leaves, not needles. So did someone through in a snafu to the pine tree world and all of us . Like bengimine Franklin, He labled the poles wrong on the battery , and we lived with it. LOL.

About that pine pitch. If you know you have to have a good solid grip on something with your hands. The pine pitch works great ! there was or maybe still is concerns about baseball players useing it .

i read about it on baseball players back in the old days.

yeah, huh, but that plant has leaves, not needles. So did someone through in a snafu to the pine tree world and all of us . Like bengimine Franklin, He labled the poles wrong on the battery , and we lived with it. LOL.

Hole flow not electron flow.

Back