Rules are rules......or maybe not

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/06/first.baby.ap/index.html

So the rules say that the expectant mothers had to be legal American citizens. As the article says a lot of contest have the exact same rules. I for one am very disappointed in Toys-R-Us for not standing by the rules of their contest and bowing down to the will of the cry babies.

I agree. Most any contest you see has the rule, "must be a US Citizen" to enter. That is not for discriminatory reasons, it is for legality issues. Toys-R-Us should have stuck to their guns and their rules of eligibility.

I think they should include every mother from every country in the entire world in the interest of fairness. Actually they shouldn't restrict the prize to New Year's babies... that's not fair either.

Maybe they should just liquidate their assets and cut a check for every mom out there. Now that would be fair.

I think they should include every mother from every country in the entire world in the interest of fairness. Actually they shouldn't restrict the prize to New Year's babies... that's not fair either.

Maybe they should just liquidate their assets and cut a check for every mom out there. Now that would be fair.

Hey, now, what about the dads? That's discriminatory to exclude them from getting a check out of the liquidation deal!:evil:

I agree. Most any contest you see has the rule, "must be a US Citizen" to enter. That is not for discriminatory reasons, it is for legality issues. Toys-R-Us should have stuck to their guns and their rules of eligibility.

Sparky you are absolutley correct.;)

Plus at the end of the day... it's their contest and it isn't like those people got pregnant just to win the stupid thing to start with.. geeze

Chinese-American advocates had complained that the toy company's decision smacked of second-class citizenship.

From what I understood, she wasn't a citizen at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopey
That is what i was thinking. If your not a citizen how can you be treated like a second-class citizen?

man i could write a 20 min ***** about that but i'll just leave it to what it is

Last edited:
man i could write a 20 min ***** about that but i'll just leave it to what it is :shock:

Why? It's true. You can't be treated like a 2nd class citizen if you aren't a citizen.

Freakin' Toys-r-us, kowtowing to the idea that it's a PR disaster if they went the other way. Problem is...that's probably true. It could have snowballed, and all of the illegals would be up in arms, and marching again, with El Cu Cuy calling for all Mexican's and Mex-Americans to walk out on the job again.

I'm 1/2 Mexican...but that BS ****es me off to no end.

Back