Can I Paint My Rims?!?!

laxpug19

OK! is it possible to paint my chrome rims black!? i know its a shame but i just got them about... 5 months ago and i already see some rust i clean them as much as i can but lately its been so moist and cold its to hard to pay everytime to use the pressure wash and the outside hose is out via freezing... so i was wondering come summer if they're bad can i paint them?

They will peel faster than a dose of sauce through a widow woman.
you will have to bead blast them and primer them in order for the paint to stick.

Why don't you check with someone who does powder coating in your area?

They will bead blast anyway before to clean the surface. Powder coating is more complete than paint and resist chipping.

I didn't get that either.

You could rough up the chrome first, then paint them with VHT brand poly wheel paint. It comes in a rattle can ;)

I don't think you could get the chrome plating rough enough to paint over and make it stick evenly unless you took a die grinder with a 3M pad.

I had my wheels powder coated for $25 a wheel. One of the best (cheapest) investments yet.

my stock steel rims were painted silver and i sand blasted em clean and sprayed a few good coats of flat black on em and up until i got the new rims i hadnt had any probs with rust or chips ... paint even held up to some pretty good deep scratches... funny this is it was that cheap rattle can walmart brand paint haha :lol:

Back