Beware..I hate people like this

hillbillyman06

I searched the site and couldnt find anything related to this.

Just got a call from 813-880-0264 (on my cell of all things) I answered and they said my name and I said sorry wrong number (always suspicious of #s I don't know) so i googled it and found this information on another forum.

"Omnipresent ripoff Tampa Florida *UPDATE ..I Got What I Deserved!! "

Company
Omnipresent
Address:
4532 W. Kennedy Blvd. #303
Tampa Florida 33609
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
813-8800264
Fax:

Have you ever got a call saying you've been entered for a drawing to win a brand new car? Well, I did. About 3 weeks ago some smooth talking guy called saying just that. Then, he got me by saing that I would have a better chance of winning if I subscribed to a magazine offer. Sounded good at first. He said that I would only be charged $3.78 a week, which came out to be $15.12 per month, but some how Omnipresent (a fradulent magazine company I do not suggest using) did their math wrong and now they are trying to charge me $786.24.

So I called the company, when I first called a man picked up the phone and asked how could he help me. I relpied I am calling to cancel an order. He then put me hold.

I was on hold for 5 minutes, the phone rung and someone picked the phone up and I was on hold again. It was then that a rude representative by the name of Pam tried to help me. I told her I wanted to cancel the service with Omnipresent. She kept beating around the bush and was basically saying there is no way out.

Then she continued to say that I would have to pay them a full amount $786.24, which is horrible.Especially since,I haven't even received not one magazine from them. The customer service at Omnipresent stinks. If someone calls from this number 800-264-4380 or 813-880-0264 hang up!

Bottom line is once you give them your credit card number and all of your information, BEWARE because it will be hard for you to get what you deserve. I am still in the process of fighting that charge. They will be nice to you to get what they want, but are mean to you when you are no longer interested in them. Beware!

Nikki
Jacksonville, Arkansas
U.S.A.

Nikki,

Get the Better Business Bureau involved.............believe it or not, they can help. I think I'd also be cancelling that credit card!

So let me get this straight, you agreed to pay $181.44 for a magazine? No pitty from me, none at all... I'm just gonna say this straight out, 15.12 a month for a magazine? are you retarded? That shoulda been a red flag bigger than your garage door.:roll:

Last edited:
Um, hey fellas... he didn't buy anything. He got a call from the number and found that story on the web. The story is pasted from another forum and is not his ;)

for the record, I could not find anything on Snopes about that company ot tel #.

Um, hey fellas... he didn't buy anything. He got a call from the number and found that story on the web. The story is pasted from another forum and is not his ;)

Duh........................Man, I hate brain farts!!!! I'm usually a better reader.:redface: :redface:

Thanx for the wake-up, TC!:redface: :redface: :redface:

Last edited:
Doh, my apologies. Those comments should be directed to that person that was stupid enough to do that. Once again, my fault, I'm sorry.

Thanks for the heads up, hillbillyman, and please excuse my intellectually stagnant friends.:lol: j/k guys.

Anyway, I can't believe how many people are suckered into scams like this every day! Remember, folks, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you don't remember entering a contest, chances are you didn't and it is a fraudulent scam. If you are encouraged to make a purchase to increase your chances of winning, it's most likely a fraudulent scam.

One that was reported on the news last night locally involved a woman who had met a man on a website dating service from Africa (first big red flag). After a few weeks, he asked her if she would ship some things to him that he had purchased online, since the company he purchased them from wouldn't ship overseas (second big red flag). She agreed, and before she knew it, truck after truck was showing up with loads of digital cameras, iPods, clothing, shoes, and other goods totalling nearly $30,000! Now, if that ain't a huge red flag up your flagpole, I don't know what is. At that point the woman became suspicious (you think?) and called the police. Turns out the merchandise was purchased with stolen credit card numbers, and was being shipped to Nigeria to be sold on the black market. Fortunately for her, she won't be charged with any crime, just the embarrassment of being a total maroon.

It's amazing how many people will fall for these scams...

County funds lost in Nigerian scam

Treasurer accused of illegal transfer

January 18, 2007
BY DAWSON BELL
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

The longtime treasurer of Alcona County was accused Wednesday in an embezzlement scheme in which he may have served as both perpetrator and victim, sending up to $1.25 million in county funds and his own life savings to con artists after falling for one of the notorious online Nigerian banking frauds.

Thomas Katona, 56, of Harrisville was charged with nine felonies, including embezzlement and fraud, after a monthlong investigation by state authorities of numerous unauthorized wire transfers he allegedly made of county funds to overseas bank accounts.

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');
The accounts were allegedly controlled by operators of a Nigerian advance fee fraud, law enforcement officials said. Katona had been treasurer for Alcona County, along Lake Huron in the northern Lower Peninsula, for 13 years. He was relieved of his job in late November, after the alleged fraud was uncovered.
The county, with only about 11,000 residents, is the third least-populous in the Lower Peninsula. The county government has a total budget of only about $4 million.

Court documents said that in August and September, Katona made at least eight unauthorized wire transfers totaling $186,500. Earlier in the year, he sent at least $72,500 of his own money to the same accounts, the documents said.

County officials learned of the unauthorized transfers when Katona was in London, apparently to meet with some of his contacts, and bank records were faxed to county offices. Local bank officials had warned Katona earlier that they suspected he was dealing with Nigerian fraud artists, according to the documents.

A preliminary audit of county finances, which turned up an additional forged document, indicates a shortfall of $1,236,700. It was unclear how much of the missing money was invested in the scheme, officials said.

A spokesman for Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox said Wednesday evening that efforts are under way to track the money and the con artists behind the scheme -- variations of which have been on the Internet for a decade. Investigators doubt any of the money would be recovered, spokesman Matt Frendeway said.

Frendeway said details of the circumstances under which Katona was ensnared were not immediately available.

"Every part of this makes you wonder, 'What was he thinking?' " Frendeway said.

Katona was not represented by an attorney at his arraignment in 81st District Court and could not be reached for comment Wednesday evening. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Jan. 31. It was not clear whether he was in custody.

Carolyn Brummond, vice chair of the Alcona County Board of Commissioners, said Wednesday evening that she had no comment. Other officials could not be reached.

Cheryl Peterson, editor and publisher of the Alcona County Review, said Katona had been convicted of a misdemeanor while doing bookkeeping work for a private company several years ago.

"This is a tremendous blow to a small community where we trust our politicians," she said.

Back