MP3 players

What MP3 player do you have?

• Total voters

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
I was ill-telligent enough to lend my loving son my I-pod and he proceeded to drown it at the lake thinking it was a fishing lure
Well I just bought a new one....

I ditched Ill-pod and went with a Zune, 30 gig's, video wireless communication and all sort of neat stuff.
The software makes it so I can burn right from Zune part.

Either way I wanted to know what MP3 player you guys have and what you liked about it.

Oh this also means I have to buy a new car charger for the jeep..ect ect.
(oh by the way I have a car charger with a biult in FM tuner and home charger for an I-pod...cheap, a few dollars and shipping its yours)

I use the MP3 player on my phone. It's actually pretty good, but I only use it because my Ipod died on me.

How do you like the Zune? And what do you mean by "The software makes it so I can burn right from Zune part." What the hell is "Zune part?"

I don't have one. I'm slow and always behind technology. I burn MP3's on disk and play them in my Jeep's CD player, though.

I have a little Creative MuVo. It's about the size of one of those little boxes of matches, and comes with the arm-caddy to wear it on your arm.

Got it quite a few years back around when iPod first came out, was considerably cheaper, and since I wear it on my arm when I'm either out walking, bike riding, or working on things, I really don't need video capability. 256 megs, not a huge amount, but as I said, it was relatively inexpensive at the time, so I just wrote a script on my computer, if it's plugged in, and my music server is on, it deletes what's on the player, and fills it up with a shuffle of new songs at 3:00 AM. Keeps it fresh, or I can just sit there and drag and drop, but that's about 4 hours of solid music, don't really need my whole collection on the player, again, I have a server for that, and it would be a PITA to browse through a hundred songs to find the one that you're looking for while mowing grass on a midsummer's day.

One of the biggest things I like about it too is the fact that it takes 1 AAA battery, which lasts about a week under heavy load. I don't ever have to worry about an internal battery failing.

I And what do you mean by "The software makes it so I can burn right from Zune part." What the hell is "Zune part?"

The I-Pods software meant that once you ripped a CD onto your computer into the I-Pods directory you couldn't pull that album off and burn it back to CD. Say for the wifes truck CD player. It also meant that if you had a song I wanted I had plug my I_pod into your computer to get it.

With my Zune I can set it to wireless communication and you set yours to the same and I can send you the song, album or video file wirelessly....with in 30 feet or so.

Mudwoman and I both have little Ipod shuffles - little packs of gum that play music!!!! They're really great, but I wish they had more volume (I use it as my "hearing protection" during pile driving operations, and it doesn't quite mask the noise of the pile hammer!:purple: :purple: ).

The main thing I hate about them is that everything has to go through the Itunes software.:evil: What a royal pain! Much easier just dragging and dropping mp3's. I have another no-name mp3 player I bought of eBay (drag and drop!!!) but it has even less volume. However, it does work great playing it through the radio, and it's a 2gig.

my vote is for anything NOT Ipod.....the software is the killer. Stay w/ any mp3 and use all kinds of software w/o being at the mercy of apple...02

my vote is for anything NOT Ipod.....the software is the killer. Stay w/ any mp3 and use all kinds of software w/o being at the mercy of apple...02

My thoughts exactly. Same reason I won't buy anything from Sony. Too proprietary.

IPODS ARE SO SIMPLE!!! it takes a week to learn and its simple, plug in and it transfers automatically.. I LOVE MINE!

Well I have an Archos pocket vidio recorcer. I use it mainly for my helmet cam. It does record off the VCR, DVD, satelite dish, computer and sterio or of course the helmet cam. So I have movies on it and I can play them on it or hooked to tv as with anything else on it. It does picture, sounds, movies, works as another hard drive.
For the Gym and other meaningless times I use my cell Phone mp3 player where as I have a gig of music in it. The advantage there is I carry only the one item , the phone and if i got the ear plugs in listening the music stops when the phone rings..
For the jeep I use a cd-mp3 player but that seems to skip in rough country so oddly enough a freind gave us a SANSA mp3 small I_POD like thing the could'nt figure out (why I really don't know its very easy) and I loaded that up with 2 gigs of music and I just leave that in the jeep hooked up to the aux input . It was cheap enough I can leave it in it with out the worry of it gettin stolen or broke, but it has benn ok now about 3 months.
In the truck is a mp3-cd sterio.
All these I use the Real player Program to burn or tranfer music and seem to work well and easy.. I did try to use the Itunes progarm but it seems to have a bad attitude about what units it puts music on. So I just use Real player now all the time, even on one of my kids I-POD .
So thats my thought on the subject

IPOD fan here. They have great artist support and their items are dependable too. I have a shuffle, and am awaiting a video IPOD now. Love my shuffle to bits. I have been a huge fan of Apple ITUNES for years.

They say the MS ZUNE is depndable too. I debated it one time but since I already use ITUNES and have a shuffle I figured to stay with Apple.8)

I have the I-Pod shuffle and a couple of other mp3 players. Since I got an USB reader built into the Jeep stereo system I use mostly flash drives.

The radio reads the usb drives or the mp3 players (with USB storage) and plays the music.

I basically use my mp3 players for getting to sleep at night or for running. Last week I ran 43.5 miles. For 2007, as of this morning I have run 501 miles. I run a lot!

Umm... Err...

According to my Doctor, from obesity and diabetes.

It is just an excellent lifestyle that works for me.

We were on a trail run yesterday in which one vehicle parked after he found out that his lunch-box locker was not longer working. Everyone from that vehicle split up into the others.

I started walking (or running) as I am inclined to do, when one of the other drivers asked, "Walkin'?"
"Yeah," I said, "I do that a lot!"

I am generally the fastest on the trail. Last year in Moab, I ran the entire Cliff Hanger trail while the "Support" vehicles (the Jeep group I was with) drove it in good time. I passed 'em coming and going and got some great shots!

Since I started running, I went from Pre-diabetic condition and lost over 70 pounds. I also got my cholesterol under great control!

Now, I can eat like a pig (but with lower fat and carb content) and still maintain my health and weight!!

I'm unfortunate enough to have Sprint as my cell phone service provider. They finally came out with a phone worth admitting I own. I use the LG Fusic, which is a very decent multimedia phone. It has an FM transmitter built into the phone which I use to transmit MP3s to my radio. I can also simply use headphones to listen to it myself. Great for on the way to, while I'm at, and on the way home from the gym.

i get enough calls on the damn things at work lol to not make me want one haha ... usb flash drives and a usb capable head unit is the way to fly

Back