GTO build up

Greencuke

so when we get back, ive been talking w/ a buddy of mine about begining my long desired quest to own a classic GTO. He's been honing his skills fixing the humvees we've been blowing up, and is interested in doing something a little "nicer". does anyone have any knowledge of a 65-70 project GTO in the central texas area? id be more than willing to do a bit of traveling to get it. ask ur friends? thanks guys

I love the late 60's GTO's. A "Judge" wouldn't be too horrible either, but for what I've seen them sell for I can rule out ever owning one.

if i can find some guy sell me one w/o knowing whats hes got, its on like donky kong. keep ur ears peeled for me

The Spike Network is showing a build of a Pontiac LeMans. Classic lines, nice little 326 engine, fairly clean chassis.

I had a '67 Pontiac LeMans and I loved that car. It could turn on a dime at 60 MPH! A great l'il car. No GTO, mind you though...

Good luck! I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Wish to hell I could find a "wanting" goat layin' around here (there) in South Louisiana. Central Texas isn't that far away!! I'm making "scrapping" contacts (trying to clean up OUR environment - very trashy folks, these Louisianians). I'll keep my ears peeled!!!

My dad had a 68 GTO. It was plain but rare considering that it had a 400 mated to a 3 speed in the floor. Evidently Pontiac didn't use the 3 speed very much. He had several classic cars I wish he could have kept: 57 Chevy, 65 Mustang, 68 GTO and a Chevelle that I don't remember the year of.
If you can't find a good car to restore to collector condition, then consider what they are calling resto-mods. You start with a project car and build it with updated aftermarket or OEM parts.
My ideal would be a 68 or 69 GTO body with a newer GM LS1, LS6 or something of that nature. I would trim down the weight where I could, add a perfromance suspension, disc brakes and add some performance mods to the engine(nitrous). I would try to make it appear stock on the inside and out, but a have a modern screamer under the hood.
This route may save you the big bucks of buying a numbers matching collector car, plus you can learn while you build it without fear of messing up something that was already of enormous value.

i exact plan. i have no desire for a collector car, and my whole idea would be to modernize it. so, the more beat up i can get, the better. id be happy w/ a chasse and frame.

Back