new antenna

jeepless20

just have to show off a little

0408071616.jpg0408071635.jpg0408071637b.jpg0408071637.jpg

not to worry, i still have my K40 fiberglass for wheelin. that one is for everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice! How much did that run you, if you don't mind my asking? I just bought a Cobra CB - I forget the part number - it's the one that has all the controls built into the mic (i.e., you just mount a little box under the seat so you don't have to worry about mounting the thing somewhere, you just hang the mic). Quadratec advertised it for $149, I see they recently dropped the price to $119. The local radioshack had it on sale for $69. Couldn't pass it up. Anyhow, not to derail, but could you recommend an antenna setup for my TJ?

Nice! How much did that run you, if you don't mind my asking? I just bought a Cobra CB - I forget the part number - it's the one that has all the controls built into the mic (i.e., you just mount a little box under the seat so you don't have to worry about mounting the thing somewhere, you just hang the mic). Quadratec advertised it for $149, I see they recently dropped the price to $119. The local radioshack had it on sale for $69. Couldn't pass it up. Anyhow, not to derail, but could you recommend an antenna setup for my TJ?

im runnig a galaxy DX959, bearfoot at the moment. i paid $100 for the antenna and mount. i will always recomend the K40 fiberglass. tunable tip no trimming involved to set SWR, the one i have is highly flexable. i can grab at either end and bend it 180 deg. dont get anything less than 4 foot. anthing less than that is useless IMO. the best mounting spots the ive noticed it either a ball mount on the right rear quarter panel or a clamp mount on the spare tire carrier. any other questions, i will try to answer them.

and as for my doggie. shes a nut, very affectionate and alot of expresion. my other one is just a goof ball.

Back