Just Bought my 3rd Jeep Tonight

pinaplebob

With all the construction around my neck of the woods they are knocking down a lot of farms in favor of subdivisions. A old farm I drive by every day, was sold and every day on the way to work, has been slowly cleaning everything out. Well yesterday a little willy jeep appeared next to the barn. I decided to stop by and ask about it.

The owner didn't know much about it, other then It had to go, so I asked what he wanted for it. He said $200.00 with the origional title, and I couldn't pass it up.

So after about 5 hours of moving a non-rolling jeep in the rain i've now got three jeeps. and 2 of those don't run.

I'm still waiting on the title and all that, (supposedly tomorrow) so i'll know the year. It was dark and late so i didn't even think to grab the vin once I got it into storage but I belive it's a early 50's CJ2a or a CJ3 it's hard to tell with out me measuring or without the title.

It's complete, even with the "half hard top" body is in rough shape, but it's in better shape then my CJ5 was when I brought it home. It does not run, but the engine is complete with the exception of the air cleaner. I didn't even take pictures, so tomorrow hopefully I'll have some pictures and a little more information about it. Just figured I'd share.

you can store it at my house if you want ;) seriously, you better hurry up with them pics before a riot brakes out.

Alright, Well Don't have pics, going to take pictures tonight I promise. But I got the title, it's a 1947 Willy's CJ2a. I've got the origional 47 title to prove it. Im going to night to spray some more oil on the bolts to i can start getting this thing running. But I will have pictures tonight.

Back