Patriot Guard

A soldier from nearby Bel Aire was killed last week in Iraq. They held his funeral Tuesday in Wichita. Kansas' biggest embarrassment, the Westboro Baptist Church from Topeka, was there to protest the war with signs like, "God Hates You" and "God Loves IED's". The were also dragging the American flag through the mud and walking on it while they protested across from the church. It was all I could do to keep from beating the crap out of them.

On the positive side, several hundred members of the Patriot Guard were on hand to block the view of the protesters from the friends and family of the soldier during the funeral. If you've never seen them in action, it's quite a site:

PatriotGuard1-1.jpg

PatriotGuard2-2.jpg

Rather than beat the crap out of the protesters and give them the fuel they need for the attention they desire, I personally walked the line of the Patriot Guard and thanked each of them for what they are doing. 8)

whats up with that nut group? Are they a cult or something?

You're a bigger man than i am... I'd have whooped some A... If they did that at my funeral i'd haunt every last one of them

whats up with that nut group? Are they a cult or something?

Yes, that's exactly what they are, a cult. They have, at last count, 72 members, all relatives of Fred Phelps. He is basically a lunatic homophobe that blames all of America's problems on homosexuality, and says God is punishing America for it's tolerance of homosexuality by killing soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Here are two of their websites:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

Now, here is an outsiders view of their "organization":

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/111-westboro-baptist-church

Just do a Google search on Fred Phelps or Westboro Baptist Church and start reading. It's truly disgusting. They live in a commune (just like other cults) surrounded by high walls and concertina wire. They fly the American flag upside down over the commune. They brainwash all the children and grandchildren in the commune. He is a sick SOB and needs to be killed, but unfortunately, that would make him a martyr and only make the cult's presence stronger at various events such as funerals.

I can't read that crap!:x

that guy makes me sick, he is just like a cult leader, saying he knows exactly what God knows and having the people place their faith in him...

I'm sure he's on the FBI watch list.;)

The sad thing is he's probably not! :bomb:

If I deploy again I'm going to check into cemeteries in Kansas. If the unfortunate does happen while I'm over there I'd like to be burried close enough that they could come and protest my funeral. I'd haunt their butts for sure!

I had the opportunity to meet about 200 of the Patriot Guard last year at my friends funeral. It was very touching that they showed up, his funeral was the first one in Texas of a Soldier after they passed the law about protesters keeping their distance. Luckily, no one showed up. Thank You all PG.

I can't read that crap!:x

that guy makes me sick, he is just like a cult leader, saying he knows exactly what God knows and having the people place their faith in him...

Where's Janet Reno and her tanks when you need them?

The sad thing is he's probably not! :bomb:

If I deploy again I'm going to check into cemeteries in Kansas. If the unfortunate does happen while I'm over there I'd like to be burried close enough that they could come and protest my funeral. I'd haunt their butts for sure!

They don't limit themselves to Kansas...they'll go just about anywhere there's a soldier's funeral to protest. Several states have enacted funeral protest laws just because of them.

If I remember correctly, this is the same group that "promised" their presence at the funerals for the Pennsylvania Amish children that were killed at their school early last fall. Thankfully they never showed. Local and state police were in abundance at the funerals, along with numerous motorcyclists and others to keep this "church" group from interrupting the mourning. There was enough trouble keeping the media in check and out of the lives of the Amish.

If I remember correctly, this is the same group that "promised" their presence at the funerals for the Pennsylvania Amish children that were killed at their school early last fall. Thankfully they never showed. Local and state police were in abundance at the funerals, along with numerous motorcyclists and others to keep this "church" group from interrupting the mourning. There was enough trouble keeping the media in check and out of the lives of the Amish.

Yup, the same group. Some radio DJ gave them an hour on his show if they'd promise not to show up at the funerals for the Amish kids, and they accepted.

Fred Phelps is a sicko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Shultz and the boys are HEROS!

Back