Cheap Reliable Winch

man just be careful when you want cheap.

I've heard some of Mile Markers econo winches are made in China:evil:

We bought a good winch, 3500 pound for our utility trailer at work, I has been great, we leave a snatch block in it all the time and we pull 2000 gallon steel tanks around all of the time, I'll check and see what brand it is for sure.

I agree with 90..............I have a "cheap" winch....a "Duke" I bought off eBay (Chinese, of course). It works is about all I can say for it (which IS something!!!). It's slow and I don't think it would be very reliable if I had to do heavy, frequent winching. You kinda have to put a price on "peace of mind"..............I would advise you to go the extra bucks for a Warn or Ramsey.............I will next time!:redface:

You pretty much have cheap OR reliable, I don't think there's such a thing as having both. You really need to look at what kind of wheeling you'll be doing and what you'll be using it for.

If you're doing light wheeling and WANT a winch from time to time then you can settle for cheap.

If you're going to be getting into spots where you will NEED a winch then you'd be better off with a good, reliable winch.

I picked up my Warn for 600 (1/2 of new) used and it has served me well.

there is a guy who comes by the office and about 3 years ago, he bought a el cheapo winch from Sam's Club for his flatbed trailer. He was winching something, I don't know all of the facts, but the winch case exploded and just about blew his hand off. I think he is missing his middle finger, which would be handy for him to flip off the people who made it, but mostly he is mad at himself for buying it to start with.

I bought my Warn M8000for about $530.00on sale @ 4WHEEL PARTS. It's a great winch, and a good price. Just have to watch for the deals!

I had a Tabor 9K winch that served me well.

Until... the day it died. I spent the night in the woods and called friends to come get me out first thing in the morning.

The winch always worked so I went where I probably shouldn't have. I shouldn't have!

Get a good winch!

My problem is now, that I use to extricate others and hardly ever for my own rig!

Back