Jeep JT - pickup

southtj

This is what a Jeep pickup should look like. Steel wheels and all.

image-missing.png

Chrysler's Skunkwerks is really nothing more than a bunch of folks who use their spare time to make the kinds of vehicles they'd really like to build. That makes them just like a lot of us -- except that they have the full resources of Chrysler to pull from. One of their latest creations is the Jeep Wrangler JT, which is the Jeep pickup we've all been dreaming of. Built on a Wrangler Unlimited platform, keeps the Wrangler's engine and suspension, and adds a 5-foot bed, a 3-inch lift, a winch, and 35-inch tires. It will be making an appearance at SEMA later this year. ... The question that remains: will they build it? The JT is the second Jeep truck concept in two years - the first was the Jeep Gladiator seen at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, so it is possible that something is brewing. With the Commander seemingly destined for the graveyard in the not too distant future, Jeep may once again look towards its stalwart signature vehicle. And why not make a Wrangler Pickup? After all, something has to carry spare parts up the Rubicon.

Add a soft top and a diesel and it'd be perfect

From Autoblog

Sorry guys that's ugly looking. Both the wife and I think it looks like an "Uki" short for Suzuki on roids or something.

I would buy one today!!! I looks like a jeep should! Diesel with removable hardtop and doors it would be perfect.

Last edited:

DC will have to sell the Jeep line before I buy another product from them, but that isn't bad looking.

Precisely why they won't build it or if they do they'll ugly it up first.

DC will have to sell the Jeep line before I buy another product from them, but that isn't bad looking.

Precisely why they won't build it or if they do they'll ugly it up first.

Looks like you can buy a Jeep pretty soon. DC is selling off %80 of Chrysler to Cerberus Capital Management LP. Who? That's what I said.

Sorry guys that's ugly looking. Both the wife and I think it looks like an "Uki" short for Suzuki on roids or something.

hey whats wrong with suzuki's? i own two with a weber carb they will go place that my lift xj wont go and they are stock on toyo m55 my jeep has a ls and 35 bfg

Looks like you can buy a Jeep pretty soon. DC is selling off %80 of Chrysler to Cerberus Capital Management LP. Who? That's what I said.

From Wikipedia:

Cerberus Capital Management LP is one of the largest private equity investment firms in USA. The firm is based in New York, N.Y., and run by 47-year-old financier Steve Feinberg. Former Vice President Dan Quayle has been a prominent Cerberus spokesperson and runs one of its international units.

Dan Quayle runs one of it's international units? Oh, boy....this doesn't sound promising. :roll:

From the side, that JT kind of has the look of a Dodge Power Wagon from the WW2 era ...maybe it's those solid steel wheels and military-style paint job.

Attachments

• powerwagon.jpg
    powerwagon.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,190
Last edited:
hey whats wrong with suzuki's? i own two with a weber carb they will go place that my lift xj wont go and they are stock on toyo m55 my jeep has a ls and 35 bfg

I didn't say that Zukes weren't capable. In fact I don't think they're that bad looking either. I just think this Jeep is particularly ugly.
8)

Cerberus? I was listening to NPR today. They have interests in GMAC as well.

Not in it for the manufacturing for sure...

Nope. They will cut waste, streamline, chop management and probably employee benefits then sell it again for a profit.

They just can't beat the old school body style of old jeep trucks, 1988 was the last year jeep made a good production truck.

image-missing.png
You Just gotta go fullsize to call a Jeep a Jeep truck.

Last edited:
Back