Stormy...

Saurian

So, Ben Bailey, of Fox 2 News Morning said that the storms were going to hit around 4:00... Right on the money. My Jeep is sitting out in the drive being pummeled by quarter-sized hail as I type this... The street is flooded, as is the lawn, the garden, and sidewalk...

And AccuWeather still says it's 87 and mostly sunny... Not quite. :roll:

Mua ha ha haaaa!!!

Got called in for overtime for my very first time! Seems in that first wave of storms, a bunch of limbs came down all over the City, and I was the first one down on the list to answer their phone. I was second overall on the list... I took the chipper truck, and the other guy called in was in the bucket truck.

Got to remove half of a probably 40 inch diameter silver maple from the top and inside of someone's Blazer in their driveway. Then a limb that took out the back window of someone's Corolla... We came across a nasty hanger, and my boss and Bruce (3 man) decided to let me go up in the bucket... I've never even seen the bucket mechanism controls, let alone used them to go up and cut a nasty hanging limb. Of course, this is about the time that the second wave of storms is starting to come through, and lightning is on the horizon. Well, I went up in that bucket, and took that limb out.

What fun! I got soaked and dirty, was there for 2 hours, and haven't had dinner yet, but it was great! In that time, we totally filled our 9 yard chipper truck. I LIKE storms! :D

Best wishes to all in Pennsylvania, New York, and the like, it's not looking like the front's breaking up much as it crosses lake Huron.

Back