Please take time....

90Xjay

With all of the running to and fro and resting, working, playing etc tomorrow, please take a little time to proudly put out your American flag in the morning and spend a little time reflecting on those who have given their lives so we can live free.
Please also take some time and explain it to your kids if you have them.

image-missing.png

I put mine up, right next to AZ flag...just to rile the Texans. haha

On side note, went to the Memorial Day concert here in town yesterday. After 10 minutes, had to ask a police officer if it was Cinco de Mayo or if I read the announcement wrong. Nope I as told, it was Memorial Day. He had to be wrong.....Mexican music/band, Spanish food, two Mexican flags, no US flags. I think I may have ****ed off some of the folks of Pecos, TX yesterday..

I put mine up, right next to AZ flag...just to rile the Texans. haha

On side note, went to the Memorial Day concert here in town yesterday. After 10 minutes, had to ask a police officer if it was Cinco de Mayo or if I read the announcement wrong. Nope I as told, it was Memorial Day. He had to be wrong.....Mexican music/band, Spanish food, two Mexican flags, no US flags. I think I may have ****ed off some of the folks of Pecos, TX yesterday..

what gives with all of that?

Done here, 90 (oh jeepless one! :lol: :lol: :lol: ). No American flag but big American hearts appreciative of those who have gone before. Preacher read names today of those Louisianians who have given their lives in the last year.........very sad yet very powerful.............most all of them were 20 - 25 years old................

Thanks to those who have served, I feel I should use my right to speak my mind that they've all fought and died for...................Let's PLEASE get the hell out of Iraq!!!!!!!!!

I just got a new flag today. Giving the old one to the local Boy Scout Troop for proper ceremonial burning.

Thank you to all of you who have served our country!

I put mine up Saturday morning (and have taken it down every night since my spotlight quit working a year ago). My flag has been blown down by storms 3 times since July 4th (110 mph winds) 2005. The last one was about a year ago, and I haven't put the mount for the pole back up yet. I just hang it from the eave of the porch on two nails through the grommets now.

I always go out of my way to thank our service men and women, and veterans, when I see them. Since Wichita has McConnel AFB, I get the opportunity several times a day. 8)

On a side note: Did any of you go out to decorate graves this weekend? Sunshine went to her father's grave yesterday. I didn't go...I knew she wanted to be alone with him. Doesn't look like I'll get to visit my dad's grave this year, gas prices are just too high to make the 400 mile round trip. :(

what gives with all of that?

Dude, it's El Paso...have you been there? Everyone has Mexican food, bands, etc. But I saw plenty of American Flags while I was there. (3 years)

Dude, it's El Paso...have you been there? Everyone has Mexican food, bands, etc. But I saw plenty of American Flags while I was there. (3 years)

Mingez,

This wasn't EP, but Pecos. The 2 yrs I spent in EP were eye opening, but nice. I was at last yr's celebration in EP, it was good. What I saw here was unlike anything I have seen anywhere else I lived (AZ, NY,NJ, ME, CT, IL, WI, CA, TX, CO, FL). We spent an hour there. My wife wanted to leave within the first ten minutes.

And yes, I have seen plenty of homes fly the US flag around here. Couple of us all year long.

Back