Memorial Day Weekend - what did you do??

Jason4x4

Well, here's what I did this weekend -

I finally got my hard top off for the summer! I drove all the way back to my parent's house in WV and left the hard top there. The only problem was once I put the soft top on I realized that I left my windows here in Baltimore. Oh well, at least it didn't rain.

Another shot:

In that shot you can see my latest project on my Jeep - I got a CB. I ended up getting a Cobra 75WX-ST from Radio Shack for $69. Got a Firefly 4' fiberglass tunable whip from Quadratec and a Terraflex bracket to mount it. Found out after the fact that the Terraflex brackets aren't all that great because they are powdercoated and thus don't provide a great ground. Seems to work pretty good so far though. Here's a shot of the CB on the dash :

Here's a shot of the remote-mounted box under the driver's seat. Installation was a snap and was pretty clean:

I also took a chance to wash the authentic Paragon mud off of the engine ;):

One last shot:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Feel free to post pictures of what you did this weekend (even if it's not Jeep related!).

Last edited:

well the stinking, lying, weather forecasters around here said 70% rain chances Sat,Sun, and Mon so we kind of planned nothing but backyard stuff. It hasn't at all. We took the kids to a pool at a state park, water was freezing.
In about 10 minutes we are going to put some watermelon on the grill. yum yum:purple: :purple:

Surfed Saturday, hung out on the beach all Sunday and surfed a little, now I'm about to fire up the grill and then maybe take this girl out to the movies.

I did a little muddin' and had planned to go mess around down at the ranch for a few days, but my buddy dropped out on me. Aside from that I did some housework and dumped some of my money at Murphy's Gas.

Did a little wheelin. Did a little campin. Pictures comin soon!

Here's a few of the wheelin. At one point I had both driver side wheels off the ground! :shock: Didn't break anything though and stayed rubber side down so it was good! 8)

Attachments

• DSC_7945smallc.jpg
    DSC_7945smallc.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_7967smallc.jpg
    DSC_7967smallc.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_8147small.jpg
    DSC_8147small.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 65
Here's a shot of the wheels. Notice the daylight under both......I couldn't see this until I got it home and looked at it on the big screen.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 75

Took the motorcycle out with a couple of LE's from the area. Nice 300 mile loop.

Did some yard work...drank some beer....did some house work....drank some more beer got dragged kicking and screaming off to the new Ikea store...soothed my feeling with lots of beer.

Been there Utah, I feel your pain.

I biked 30 miles, cut the back yard, installed under cabinet lights, helped wife fold laundry, worked on &^%$# computer, cut front yard. Very exciting weekend. :rolleyes:

I spent a good chunk of the weekend out on the boat in the Willamette river fishing. Caught a couple of good sized sturgeon, but didn't keep them. Didn't really feel into eating likely radioactive sturgeon...Definitely a good time though.

P.S.- Then we had our beers to celebrate a successful day of fishing and not working around the house with the wifey's...

Back